Good news for NSC filers on I140

mmukkamala

Registered Users (C)
03/29/2005: NSC to Process I-140 and I-485 Separately (source: immigration-law.com)

AILA has reported that the NSC will process the I-140 petition and I-485 application by separate adjudicators with the expectation that the separate teams will develop expertise in each form and speed up adjudication so that it will achieve the I-140 processing times in six months by the end of September 2005.

I-485 applications, regardless of concurrent filing or stand-alone I-485 filing, will be adjudicated starting the oldest cases.

For the concurrently filed I-140/I-485 applicants whose visa number has retrogressed and is not available, NSC will continue to adjudicate pending I-140 petitions in the following fashions:

If I-140 is approved, I-485 applications will be stored for the future call up date for pick-up and processing when the visa number becomes available.
If I-140 is denied, I-485 application will also be returned to the applicant.
Ever since the USCIS rescinded its concurrent adjudication policy, the processing times for NSC I-140 and I-485 have shown some improvement.

Way to go, NSC!

mmukkamala said:
03/29/2005: NSC to Process I-140 and I-485 Separately (source: immigration-law.com)

AILA has reported that the NSC will process the I-140 petition and I-485 application by separate adjudicators with the expectation that the separate teams will develop expertise in each form and speed up adjudication so that it will achieve the I-140 processing times in six months by the end of September 2005.

I-485 applications, regardless of concurrent filing or stand-alone I-485 filing, will be adjudicated starting the oldest cases.

For the concurrently filed I-140/I-485 applicants whose visa number has retrogressed and is not available, NSC will continue to adjudicate pending I-140 petitions in the following fashions:

If I-140 is approved, I-485 applications will be stored for the future call up date for pick-up and processing when the visa number becomes available.
Ever since the USCIS rescinded its concurrent adjudication policy, the processing times for NSC I-140 and I-485 have shown some improvement.

Way to go, NSC!

This a terrific news.. I need my 140 very very badly..
Thanks for sharing this..
KK

Thanks for Info .

"I-485 applications, regardless of concurrent filing or stand-alone I-485 filing, will be adjudicated starting the oldest cases."

Thanks for update.
What is the priority date effect on this, how they find oldest cases, based pdate or 485 filing date?, If filing date, does it mean that no effect of pdate on i-485 processing anymore.

Thanks again for this excellent news.

J2k4 said:
"I-485 applications, regardless of concurrent filing or stand-alone I-485 filing, will be adjudicated starting the oldest cases."

Thanks for update.
What is the priority date effect on this, how they find oldest cases, based pdate or 485 filing date?, If filing date, does it mean that no effect of pdate on i-485 processing anymore.

Thanks again for this excellent news.

I guess they start with oldest filing date and check whether that PD has visa number or not and if it has then they will approve.

Thanks for the good news.

Finally, someone with sense set the rules. Else, Sept. being the year-end, they would have been questioned by some pious authority before firing them.

DIGS
RD Apr.04

It makes sense now why we are getting so many 140 approvals in the last 3 weeks, and no 485.

It is good news on one side (140 gets speed up) but I am concern that without concurrent processing, the wait for 485 will be very long
Elnegro

Elnegro said:
It makes sense now why we are getting so many 140 approvals in the last 3 weeks, and no 485.

It is good news on one side (140 gets speed up) but I am concern that without concurrent processing, the wait for 485 will be very long
Elnegro
Frankly I am not worried about 485 long queue.. it it takes 2 years let it be.. just need 140...
Thanks
KK

mmukkamala said:

Way to go, NSC!

Well, easier said than done. I will not beleive until NSC really implements. Earlier, AILA reported that NSC going to rescind the concurrent adjudication policy, but they continued until recently. So, NSC normally takes time to put any new policy in place.

csgmrt said:
kriskish,
I couldn't find anything at the link (www.immigration-law.com) regarding this. Could you please post the full link if you have it.

thanks.

Once u go to that site, click on BREAKING NEWS and then scroll down a bit:
and look for this headline: 03/29/2005: NSC to Process I-140 and I-485 Separately

hopeofgc and KB2004,
thanks for the details. I hope NSC doesn't stop I-140 processing for another 6 months trying to sort these details out. They seem to be approving cases over a wide range of dates and everytime these half ignorant idiots think of ways to improve the efficiency some one or the other gets screwed over. I wonder who the victim will be this time.

What does this mean for non-affected countries ?
I am from South America. I-140+I-485 filed on Feb 15th.
When should I expect to get I-140 processed then, based on this statement ?

Hi bmt74,

It is sad to find that you and other applicants of 2003 are still waiting, while we see 140 approvals for as early as 2005 cases. There is absolutely no justification for this erratic & insane behavior from NSC. Apart from some having the handle to contact their respective senators, there is no mass appeal to this precarious situation.

In absence of any questioning, NSC for a long time has continued to (mis)behave in its own way.

My sympathies for all 2003 applicants and wishing you justice and early approvals. Hope the recent breaking news break the trend.

Good luck.

DIGS
RD Apr.04

My guess is that some of the 2005 approvals are due to things such as child age-out cases which get prioritized and processed very quickly. Of course then we suffer for that.

I am not worried about the I485 now either. Just want the I140 ASAP

PD : April 2002

I140/I485 ND/RD - March 16th 2004
FP1 done.