good lawyer in Washington, DC???

gaumeo

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Anyone knows any good immigration lawyer in DC? My lawyer messed up my case and I need a new one.

How can I file the complain regarding to my lawyer's misconduct?

Please help

Thanks

Are you Vnmese ?

See him :

James Hsia & Assoc Web Site
Address: 1660 International Dr # 400, McLean, VA 22102
Phone: (703) 749-2711

gaumeo said:
Hi,

Anyone knows any good immigration lawyer in DC? My lawyer messed up my case and I need a new one.

Please help

Thanks

gaumeo said:
Hi,

Please help

Thanks
What did s/he do? Can you give some hints about it.?

Good lawyer in DC

gaumeo said:
Hi,

Please help

Thanks

Her name is Ana Jacobs and her office is on 1800 block of Columbia Rd NW.
She helped me get GC,and she was nominated for Nobel Price
Around $5500 for her fees

thanks, everyone.

My lawyer charged me the same amount as Ann Jacob and he is never straight when money involves.

Two years ago, he filed my H1-B but he did not submit enough fees even though I wrote out a check with exactly amount of money for all of the fees. He messed up my status and left me alone to deal with it. Luckily, I was able to get my status back. He never tells me up front what is going on until I have to find out little by little. I am EB-3 and the PD is now in 2002. However, he told me it was 2005. By the time I figured things out he said he found other reasons to cover his ass. He told that I could file I-140 and I-485 with travel document and the working permit at the same time but apparently, I can't because my PD is not available. My I-485 was sent back. I need to travel back home and now I do not know what to do. What I mean is that he are not honest with me for some reasons unless if I know something.

I really want to file a complain about his conduct. But first, I have to file a good lawyer to take care of my case.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated

Yes.

Thanks, is he a good one?

songlan said:
Are you Vnmese ?

See him :

James Hsia & Assoc Web Site
Address: 1660 International Dr # 400, McLean, VA 22102
Phone: (703) 749-2711

gaumeo said:
thanks, everyone.

My lawyer charged me the same amount as Ann Jacob and he is never straight when money involves.

Two years ago, he filed my H1-B but he did not submit enough fees even though I wrote out a check with exactly amount of money for all of the fees. He messed up my status and left me alone to deal with it. Luckily, I was able to get my status back. He never tells me up front what is going on until I have to find out little by little. I am EB-3 and the PD is now in 2002. However, he told me it was 2005. By the time I figured things out he said he found other reasons to cover his ass. He told that I could file I-140 and I-485 with travel document and the working permit at the same time but apparently, I can't because my PD is not available. My I-485 was sent back. I need to travel back home and now I do not know what to do. What I mean is that he are not honest with me for some reasons unless if I know something.

I really want to file a complain about his conduct. But first, I have to file a good lawyer to take care of my case.

Goodluck. Keeps us posted.

He is good.

Definiton of good lawyer = s/he is willing to tell you the procedures from inside out, and why do this not do that and when to do it. The good lawyer will update you immediately whenever a change.

He is not my lawyer, I just know him after I selected my current lawyer. I am not totally satisfied with my lawyer.

If you had I-140 approved and your PD is current, I think you can file I-485 standalone without representative lawyer. It saves you money. Read I-485 Q&A to know what king pf paper you need. The key thing is to get a copy of I-140 approval. I-140 approval is your company's property, not yours.

The most parts are labor certification and I-140 which require a lot of papers from your company.

gaumeo said:
Yes.

Thanks, is he a good one?

Hm... has your attorney ever told you about what retrogression is ??

gaumeo said:
thanks, everyone.