good lawyer & any Oct, 2001 left except me?

davli024

Registered Users (C)
anyone could tell me the name and contact info. of a good lawyer, I am so sick of my current one, and would like to replace her with a real good one.

my RD: 10/21/2001
rfe: 1/14/2003
rfe response received: 3/5/2003
waiting for AD...
:mad:

Do you have a location preference?

If not, you could try my lawyer who is based in Troy, MI. I have interacted with one of the partners, and have found her to be at least reasonably competent, and more than reasonably responsive to my queries and requests. Post reply if you are interested.

norfesept01

thanks for reply. my current lawyer is a local one(at OHIO). I am not sure whether it will work out if I have a "long distance" lawyer, what is your opion? but I do like your lawyer's attitude very much, can you give me her contact info. so that I could discuss the possibility of having her as my new lawyer?

by the way, did you get your approval?

Thanks again, and may this week be the week for you!!!

No, unfortunately not

but I do appreciate your good wishes. Troy, MI is a Detroit suburb about 200 miles from where I am, which is in Fort Wayne, IN and it hasn't really caused me any serious strife. It may be even closer to you, depending on where you are in Ohio.

The law firm's name is Fakhoury & Lum, PLC and the name of the partner I have dealt with is Rona Lum. Their phone number is (248) 267-6554.

As is customary for postings on these forums, I would like to add the disclaimer that though I have generally been happy with the quality of service provided, that is no indication of the kind of experience you or any other third person may have.

All the best to you and may this week be the week for you too.

Why not try Attorney Sharon in Cleveland.

Had one consultation with attorney Mr. Michael Sharon almost a year ago. Recently asked for his opinion about my I-485 case (he is not my lawyer, I wanted to retain him due to the length I've been waiting. He told me to wait instead of spending money on attorneys since mine is with an officer now. Some lawyers would say they can try even though they probably know nothing can really be done with the service centers.) My impression is that he would tell you the truth- if he could do it or not and lay out the options you may face . A friend of mine who worked with him suggested me to see him when my previous lawyer gave me conflict advice. There would be a big difference to have a good lawyer or a bad lawyer. A lady who used to work for the Local Cleveland INS works for him now. Here is the firm's web site if you would like to take a look:
http://www.visaskk.com/

No intesion to advertise for him at all, simply feel he is honest and capable comparing to my previous lawyer.

Good Luck.

Last edited by

Last edited by a moderator:
Lin-02-040-58* RFE replied on 1/28/03

Your case looks like mine....

RD 10/23/01
MD 11/19/01
RFE 1/16/03
RFE replied on 1/28/03 no approval yet....

norfesept01 & jnjn

Thank you very much for your kind reply and I will contact both of them today!!!

best luck to those who are on the same boat with me!!!

140seekerJune,

be careful, one of my friends had really bad experiences with hammondlawfirm, but I believe it was a different lawyer, like lucy, linda or sth. I don't remember, but thanks for the input!

all the best!

NSC_485_OCT2301,

Did you change employment after 180 days? If so, did you inform BCIS before you got your employment change?

RFE Res: May 2003
AD: :(