Good Info regardin VISA Stamp at US embassy toronto

adnan10

Registered Users (C)
I want to share all of you some important info regarding the visa stamp in toronto. My 3 friends live in windsor and they commute everyday to US. They got letter from border patrol that new law is implementing from dec 16 and the will need visa after dec 16. So they made an appointment and yesterday went to US embassy toronto for interview, but at embassy no had any clue about this new law, they said they do not know any thing about this law and they cannot issue visas to Canadian immigrant my friends showed then that letter but they say we dont anything about that , Although they kept all their informations and gave them a telephone number and told them call us after dec 12 and we will let you know what to do at that time, they gave them their passport back and gave application number for refrence to call.

Adnan

It doesn't proved anything adnan. I have border (Detroit/Windsor) and INS officer confirms that indeed this law will be implemented on January 01, 2003. He also refered me to the US embassy in toronto for Visa.

I did not want to say that new law has cancled or any other thing I just wanted to let you guys know that if any one is planning to go to Toronto for visa, this is too early for that because at toronto, embassy's staff have no idea about this new law.

Untrue...!!

Heh Guys...
All the above is untrue...I am not sure where you guys are getting your info. I just came back from Toronto consulate after my appointment and I had my interview at 8:30 AM today and I was issued a VISA (I hope & think so) I was told to come and pick up my passport on Monday 3-4 PM...they are issuing VISAS for landed immigrants in Toronto...I commute everyday to Buffalo...
I do have a question though..I am assumimg I got my VISA since I was told to come back the nexty day to pick my passport...could I still be refused for some stupid reasoon...any experiences of such???!!!

strange!! I talk to my friends myself, They had appointment on Nov 20th, and they all had interview with different officers and none of the officer issued them visa. Please let us know once you get your stamp. Did they talk any thing about background(FBI) check or not. What is your nationality. Are u on H-1 visa.

Toronto...

Yes I am on H1 and no thier was no questons about FBI checks...I am from India...although the officer seemed puzzled why I am not working in Canada or at the least why am I not moving to USA with a H1B...I said I am applying for Canadian Citizenship and I pefer to stay here and I would work in Canada for the right opportuntiy. She did not seem happy but she went ahead gave me the VISA anyway...by the way she asked if I would like B1/B2 as well. for if I may need to visit USA for other than work...according to her, H1B is for work puposes only...we need a B1 on top of this for visiting or pleasure trips..so she asked me to go ahead and pay another $100, which I did (Scotia Bank a block from the consulate) and came back and applied for a B1 also. I think the whole thing is a scam to fleece us of some money the department desperately needs...so as of Monday without any unforseen situation I will have a Indian passport with Canadian landed status , with a H1B work permit and a B1/B2 visitor visa in my passport. Oh, I almost forgot... I recently applied for the new NEXUS card (FBI checks etc..) to cross the border now add that also to this list...That sums up you how ridiclulous this whole situation is....

I just called INS Office at Detroit/Windsor and they specially tolf that YOU NEED VISA AFTER JANUARY 1, 2003 inorder to get through the US Immigration.
He said that the law will be implemented next year. If you want to cross the border before then you will be able to without visa. I also mentioned that Embassy in toronto refused to give out VISA because they were not sure of this law. He said that It's not INS problem that STATE is not implementing the law.
SO guys like it or not, it coming................

Adnan,
What is the nationality of your friends ?
Are they pakistani ?, if yes then, when they daily commute to Detroit from windsor do they daily go thru special registration ?

thanks