Good IIO launched an inquiry for me

slave_untill_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Fellas,

I just spoke with an IIO through 1-800-375-5283. He was a very helping, professional and cordial person I gave him my particulars which are:

RD: 8-22-2001
ND: 9-25-2001
From Pakistan (Islamabad)
and Yada yada yada.

He told me that my case is more than 21 months old and that I have the right to know what is happening to my case so, as he told me "I will launch an inquiry on your case through my computer that will be sent to NSC automatically and you will be contacted by an IIO within 24 hours either by phone or Email."

He asked me for my Email, phone contacts and if any other case is pending with INS (which actually is - my EAD and AP are pending for about 3 months now).

I got no clue what good will come from this, but I certainly do hope that I will know what the heck is happening to my case.

If you are also in the same boat and see no light at the end of the tunnel you might think of calling and taking this route.

Lets hope for the best and be ready for the worst!

I am even shy of calling you by ur nick name...

... any way,

Slave_until_GC, presumably, u would post whether or not u got a call from NSC in next 24 hours!? I would be a surprising thing!

Thanks.
StillWaiting...

IIO

they can do any internal referral only after 18 months in CA earlier it was 16 months. He has not done any favour to you. He just did his job.

bagepalli - I don't think anybody is asking for a favor by calling IIO, but we are only asking them to do their jobs, which they are not doing for if they did the wait time would not be this long.

I did notice that the IIO's are very courteous the last few times I have called them at the 800 number. I also noticed that I am actually getting thru unlike before at the 402 number I could only get thru after business hours. I only hope that they would transfer this efficiency in processing files faster.

slave_untill_gc, I hope you do get a call and that the answer is good. Good luck.

Thanx for responses!

Yes at time I also feel starnge to write my own id, but I do feel that I'm an asian embodying a 17th century' black slave's soul who served his masters to get his freedom papers (Green card of old ages in a way!). I chose the id to reflect this weired feelings of mine.

Yes the IIO did not do me a favor, but in this day and age INS employee doing his/her job in itself is a great favor.

and NO I do not hope that any one from INS will contact me in next 15 or so hours, all I hope is in few days I might get a letter explaing what INS's web site tells me any way.

Hang in there and keep hopes alive for that is what is in our control.

Slave.:mad:

try calling again and ask about the status

again i.e. to find out about 24 hours inquiry ....
Because they told you they would do that so no harm in following up.

Same old crap

Yes I got a letter from NSC stating "exactly" what is on the web that your case is stil pending and that when a decision is taken we will inform you ... Yada yada yada.

It was a fruitless effort, I thought of calling BCIS (1-800 ....) and ask them what is the use of even letting some inquire if that is what you get, but I guess I will just chill.

Slave.

Did you get some ...

flowers and greeting card with the letter, too?

Just joking. I hope you take the humor in ur stride. We are all frustrated the way it works (I have been waiting for longer than 5 years now).

I guess people have pulled much on this 24 hours issue. Let's have some laugh.

StillWaiting...

what B.S. service they offer. Why waste time waste money paying those IIO anyway. They are worse than former IIOs who at least know "assign to an officer" stuff.