Good attornies for CP

anjana140

Registered Users (C)
I have an EB2 I-140 approved for CP at chennai. I am looking for some good attornies with CP experience.Current attorny has no experience.advise.

Alren ,Raju and other senior members please advise.

anjana140 said:
I have an EB2 I-140 approved for CP at chennai. I am looking for some good attornies with CP experience.Current attorny has no experience.advise.

If you already have your I-140 approved, what do you need an attorney for?

90% of work over. The rest is just paper work which you can do it yourself, with a little bit of understanding ofcourse.

Sheila Murthy has office in chennai. I think they are good. You can call them in their US office and find out more details.

thanks for replying,

Thanks to this forum I feel I have adequate knowledge to do CP by myself. But my case is complicated so I didnot want to leave US without having a good attorney representing me. I am thinking to give shiela murthy a call.

I have a prior I-485 that was denied that was appealed and was reopened Dec 2004 and still waiting for a descion on it. I-485 was denied for tragic reason because all the RFE and NOIDs went to my old address eventhough I had changed my address with USCIS.My than attorney had changed his address twice so nobody got NOID nor RFE.

Hope reopened I-485 will get approved before I have to do CP.
Just one fear on the back of my mind if for some reason if CP gets rejected than I understand my H1 visa and even the reopened I-485 will be automatically cancelled and I cant return to US to even sell my house.
on the other hand in next 6 months I could be having a sucessfull interview at chennai. still confused

As you say, yes, your case seems to be complicated and you definitely need a good attorney.

If Attorney Sheela Murthy personally takes care of your case from start to finish, then it may be good.

re: anjana140

anjana140,

Are you preparing the CP incase your 485 isn't successful? Actually I was looking for more information about CP. I have the options to file I-140 and 485 concurrently or file the I-140 then CP. My company's lawyer suggest that I do the CP. What is the risk with CP? Do I still get EAD when I apply I-140?

Can anyone please help? Or show me where to find the information?

Thanks in advance.

bbli said:
What is the risk with CP? Do I still get EAD when I apply I-140?

Can anyone please help? Or show me where to find the information?

Go through the forum and you will find answers to almost all your questions.

You will not get EAD if you apply for CP.

attorney

Hi GCChaahiye,

My case is not complex .. I-140 approved 15-Mar-2005 .. NVC case created 29-Mar-2005 ... Fee bill Generated 4-Apr-2005.

Do I still need to continue with some attorney who filed my I-140 or any other attorney.

Will the INS interact with attorney or with me for any fee or documents in case of CP?

Thanks

gca2405 said:
Hi GCChaahiye,

My case is not complex .. I-140 approved 15-Mar-2005 .. NVC case created 29-Mar-2005 ... Fee bill Generated 4-Apr-2005.

Do I still need to continue with some attorney who filed my I-140 or any other attorney.

Will the INS interact with attorney or with me for any fee or documents in case of CP?

Thanks

It is better to continue through a lawyer, however it is not necessary if you think you could handle all the paper work and the forms.But a lawyer will be the best person to know the nuances of your case and advise how to fill the forms properly, even though they may appear to be fairly easy.

If you have a lawyer, he/she will get all the paper work.

anjana140 said:

The best attorney is "No attorney". There are serious conflict of interest issues in the legal profession (with a few exceptions like Rajiv Khanna). They work for themselves, not you. Better to do it yourself.

Seems like I have to go with my attorney as my attorney filed for my I-140 and that is when I opted for CP so my fee bill and Packet3 will be sent to attorney. That is my understanding from reply from GCChaahiye.

gca2405 said:
Seems like I have to go with my attorney as my attorney filed for my I-140 and that is when I opted for CP so my fee bill and Packet3 will be sent to attorney. That is my understanding from reply from GCChaahiye.

One can change or remove the attoreny by contacting NVC directly. They will ask to send and email. I had removed my attorney during the CP process, without any delay.

gca2405 said:
Do I need to have original I140 approval notice with me ..?

I have copy of I140 approval

Provide the I140 Reciept number and they will be able to locate the case if they have it in the database. They would verify the case based on other personal data.

Hi vu2vut,

You mentioned that you attorney during the CP process.

I am also planning to do so.

Do I need to call NVC at 603-334-0700 ?

My I140 was approved on 15-Mar-05
My NVC case was created 29-Mar-05
Fee bill was generated 04-Apr-05

Now I am waiting for fee bill to arrive.

Is it safe to remove the attorny at this stage?
Is there any risk involved?

gca2405 said:
Hi vu2vut,

You mentioned that you attorney during the CP process.

I am also planning to do so.

Do I need to call NVC at 603-334-0700 ?

My I140 was approved on 15-Mar-05
My NVC case was created 29-Mar-05
Fee bill was generated 04-Apr-05

Now I am waiting for fee bill to arrive.

Is it safe to remove the attorny at this stage?
Is there any risk involved?

This is the process I went through for removing my attorney. I know few others has also done the same.

1. Call NVC and inform them to remove attorney from case.
2. They verified the data and gave a email address to send an email stating that I wanted to remove attorney plus giving more case data such as DOB and Case number.
3. After they recieved the email they confirmed it in a week in a return email.
4. All other communications had been directed to me.

However, since the attorney filed the AC140 at Chennai, the consulate send a copy of the communication to his office as well. My attorney was more than happy to forward the mails to me promptly.

In your case, since you are close to the Fee Bill / P3 stage, consider what advantages you would gain by removing the attorney. It may add some delay if NVC wants a DS3032 from you.

My attonery wanted USD2000 for something I considered clerical work, so I decided to remove him as soon as the file reached NVC.