Good Attorney Referrals

asayani

Registered Users (C)
My case was recently transferred from NSC to the San Jose local office. I am sure I will be called for an interview pretty soon. Can someone recommend a good attorney to take to the interview with me. My case is pretty straight forward with some small twists. A small company in Chicago filed my LC and I140/I485 but I never really worked for them. I have been working all this time for another company here in California. I am wondering if that is going to cause any problems in the interview and so I don't want to take any chances.

Can someone please recommend a good attorney.

Thanks

Michael McDeavitt in Pleasanton 925-227-1490. Really good and reliable. Tell him Tammy said hi.

David Mainland in SF is excellent. Phone number 415-362-0245. His assistant's name is Gitte (German) and she's very knowledgeable, too. Good luck.

I have used and recommended Larry to several people in this forum.
For San Jose interviews, hard to find one on better terms with what looks like every officer! Downside: He won't give you a whole lot of face time. Typically, phone calls only, and a meeting for 15-20 minutes right before the interview. But, he has great rates, unlike many I have heard of who take advantage of the situation and charge a lot.

Larry Pascal
12 S First St Suite 419
San Jose, CA 95113

(408) 279-5848

niladri30 said:
I have used and recommended Larry to several people in this forum.
For San Jose interviews, hard to find one on better terms with what looks like every officer! Downside: He won't give you a whole lot of face time. Typically, phone calls only, and a meeting for 15-20 minutes right before the interview. But, he has great rates, unlike many I have heard of who take advantage of the situation and charge a lot.

Larry Pascal
12 S First St Suite 419
San Jose, CA 95113

(408) 279-5848
What's a "good" rate? I just got quoted $300/hr.

Does anyone have any referrals for the Phoenix area?
I got quoted $300 for an intial consultation and then some mysterious flat rate thereafter. They also got me sufficiently paranoid about a straight denial based on changing employers before the 140 was approved. Just peachy.

maybesomeday said:
Does anyone have any referrals for the Phoenix area?
I got quoted $300 for an intial consultation and then some mysterious flat rate thereafter. They also got me sufficiently paranoid about a straight denial based on changing employers before the 140 was approved. Just peachy.
Ok, now the mysterious flat rate has magically appeared....$1500. God help me! I also talked to another law firm and they said that to represent me during an interview they would need to refile my I-485 under their name. What they heck!?! (to put it politely) I understand submitting a new G-28 for representation but I haven't heard that we would need to refile. Not only are these guys charging gobs of money, they also seem to be providing the wrong information (for gobs of money)
Anyone....help!!!!!

All they may need is a G-28. If they ask for anything more, just walk away from that attorney. My attorney is from one of the most reputed law firms in Philly, specialized in immigration law. Now I filed my I-485 much before I even knew her. To represent me, she did not need anything other than a G-28. I am so happy with this attorney, she returns my call even during the weekends and responds to my emails within an hour, never charging me anything extra for time spent doing these. I am so glad that I had her on my side.