Good and Bad News - Pls suggest

yguma

Hello Everyone

I dont know whether to be happy or to be worried on my case. Here are the details:

1. I have filed my I-485 in Jan'02

2nd FP done on Feb'14, 2004 - Me and my wife

WAC-02-100-5XXXX

On April 15th, my status changed to Approved but for my wife and my son it didnt change .

On April 16th for my wife and son status changed to "
On April 16th we requested some evidence......."

I am the primary candidate and I havent received any RFV

But RFV is for the dependants. What could be the RFV for my wife and Kid ?

Any suggestions or similar experiences please share

Don't worry

Congratulations.

I don't think it is a big problem for your wife and son. Don't worry sir! It is a matter of time.

First, COngratulations!!

RFE is not a big deal at all, it might be something really minor.
This is a 2nd approval without RFE that I saw recently, looks good sign to me

I did change jobs but I havent really filed any ACT21 . Thanks for all the replies.

Actually I am in INDIA on a business trip. So can I use the approval letter to get a temp stamp @Chennai - ? If yes how many days will i be able to stay in INDIA

Is this possible

Yguma,
Congratulations!!

Why do you have to stamp your PR in India? You can travel back with your other documents (visa or AP) and then stamp here. I got my approval on Mar 29th, while I was out of the country. Me & my family came back on AP and got the PR stamped in couple of days after reaching here.

Is there any reason that you have to stamp in India?

Originally posted by yguma
Actually I am in INDIA on a business trip. So can I use the approval letter to get a temp stamp @Chennai - ? If yes how many days will i be able to stay in INDIA

Is this possible

Unfortunately, you cannot get your Green Card abroad. US Consulates simply don't do that.

What you need to do is to come back to the US, using your Advance Parole document (your H-1B visa, if you still have one, is no longer appropriate for re-entry), and go to a local INS office for the passport stamping. You may receive different instructions at POE, such as to appear for the Deferred Inspections at your local INS office, but not necessarily.

You can stay abroad as long as your Advance Parole is valid.

Hi Yguma,
Myself and my wife received RFE 2 weeks back. When I read the online message, I was also confused of what could be a RFE for my wife. At last it was for immunization record to be updated. Please read my thread on "RFE for Immunization record" which will give you more info.
- GreenDream

OK, now I hv received my RFV for my wife and Kid.

Immigration is asking for the evidence of stay from the year 1998-2001

I dont have the I-94 copies - I dont know what exactly they need ?

If I submit Passport with all the VISA details will it be enuf ? Or Or they really particular about I-94 - Immigration gurus pls suggest