Going to India on AP using E-tickets

amcom

Registered Users (C)
Anybody travelled to India on AP recently using e-tickets?? I'm going to take all AP copies with me, i know only 1 needs to be stamped on re-entry and even if officer asks to keep all 3 copies I SHOUDn'T LET him keep.
So far so good.
Now how about getting in to Indian Airport.. will the "thulla" on entry gate identify my e-ticket as "real" ticket along with passport. keep in mindg I've Advance PArole & my visa is expired.
What i'm trying to ask is that do the policemen at entry gate have sufficient knowledge about all these docs.

Pls share your experiences.
Thanks.

I just came from India and used my Etickets (air france) at mumbai airport .. the "Thulla" asked me for my tickets and i showed him my E ticket and he let me in .. he didnt check for passport etc ....( though I have valid H1 visa stamped) ... Thulla shouldnt be asking for your passport visa etc ... and if he insists then he better understand what Advance parole is :D

dont worry about Eticket ... max what if they insist ask him to call the corresponding airline representative ( of which u r carrying the E ticket)

Have a save and peaceful journey ... dont worry !!!

not clear on this. you say you have AP but you say it is expired. please explain.

why will people in india care about letting you in as long as you have a valid pasport. it is only when you exit india that they will care to make sure you have a valid permit to travel to the US. i am sure the immigration officer will know about AP.

I think he means his H1/H4/L1/L2 visa is expired. so he will be using advance parole to enter US

I traveled last year to India using E-tickets (Delta) and AP with expired H1-B Visa in my passport. No problems. Just have a copy of your itinerary with you, thats all.

Thanks IPC & rg585 and all.
Just wanted to confirm that.

robocop104 not clear on this. you say you have AP but you say it is expired. please explain.

My H1-B is expired and thats why I'm using AP to re-enter.

I'm looking forward to this time-off man, its been 2 years... Diwali time!!!!!

Have fun !!! Don't worry about it, not a big deal. JUst make sure you check the Transit Visa requirements. I was not allowed to board even though I didnt need a Transit Visa in Paris, so I had to leave the next day after getting the Transit Visa.

rg585
I'm going thru Amsterdam via KLM/NW and I have checked with airlines and consulte about Transit visa. none of them said i require any visa. what happened in your case?? why did they stop u even when u weren't supposed to have TVisa. where were you stopped in US airport or Paris airport?? did they adjust your ticket for next day or you had to pay etc etc???

Pls respond. yours is troublesome experience.

amcom said:
rg585
I'm going thru Amsterdam via KLM/NW and I have checked with airlines and consulte about Transit visa. none of them said i require any visa. what happened in your case?? why did they stop u even when u weren't supposed to have TVisa. where were you stopped in US airport or Paris airport?? did they adjust your ticket for next day or you had to pay etc etc???

Pls respond. yours is troublesome experience.

I was held up in Atlanta itself when I tried to check in. The Delta ticketing agent was pretty dumb and she didnt think that a piece of paper (AP) was a valid travel document. She just kept insisting about having a Valid Visa in my passport which I did not have. Unfortunately the flight was in the evening, so the French Consulate etc was closed in Atlanta, or else we could have Phoned/Faxed them the AP and then would have advised her otherwise. I was traveling Business Class and there was only one Counter, so I could not even try my luck with another agent. I spoke to a Delta Supervisor and he was good enough to book me on the same flight for the next day, without any charge. I went to the French Consulate in the morning and told them what happened, and they told me that I did not need a Transit Visa, but I insisted since this was already on my Delta Travel Record and I knew that if I went to check in again I would have to go thru the same harrowing experience. The French Consulate was extremely helpful and courteous and they issued a Transit Visa within an hour. I have pledged not to Fly Delta again due to this incident.