Going to India!! Laid off!!! Please advise!!!!!!!!!!

dgupta12

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
I have a problem. I have my parol documents, I got laid off after, 4.5 months of filling for 485.My six months are over.I don\'t have a new job nor any new H1B.My H1B is valid to August. My company has not informed to INS about lay off and they don\'t have any intention to do it.I am travelling to India, if immigration officer at the airport asked me about my job status, what should I say.What kind of documents should I take with me.

Thanks

I agree, you\'d better stay in the US and find new employer ASAP

If you enter US on your H1 visa you will be in violation of the law because your H1 is not valid any more (it does not matter that your stamp is valid until August). You\'d better find a new job and get yourself new H1B or AP and EAD before you leave the US.
If INS even find out that entered US on invalid visa, you\'ll be screwed royally.

Urgent.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wife green card process

My wife is on H4 visa. In green card process we are at I-485 stage.
Last week my wife receive a letter from INS for fingerprint retaking.
Due to some emergency my wife has reshedule the date of retaking.
Now my question is will it delay my green card process? OR
Green card process will go separately for my wife and me.

Thanks.

Dgupta

Urgent!!!!!!!!!! Is INS will call us separately OR together

Thanks Jaxen !

Due to rescheduling of my wife fingerprint date.......

And as you say they are considered separate apps....

So for final stamping do INS will call us separately? OR
Me and my wife has to go together?

Thanks.
dgupta12

Can go separately

You will get individual approval notices for every applicant and you can go separately for stamping

DON,T BE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!

Don\'t leave the US until you get your approval. If your FP has already been done, you are very close to getting your approval.
If you go to India, you are probably going to scrap your 485 and have to start all over again ( Upto 5 freaking years!!! )especially in your position without a job.

My sincerest advice..........DON\'T. STAY PUT!