Going on a cruise. Can I send PP for U Visa now or later?

srisubu

Registered Users (C)
Finally after 5 months, all our family members OCI application got approved and all the documents has arrived in Houston, TX today (Nov 2, 2010).
We are planning on a cruise during the Thanksgiving Holiday for which we all need our US PP. Is it advisable to send the PP to Houston, TX now to get the U Visa stamped and hope the PP be returned within a week? Or Can I wait until after I come back from the cruise trip and send the PP for U Visa stamping.
Will there be any complications in getting the U Visa Stamping if I don't send my PP now?
Confused now :confused:
Experts help/your opinion is highly appreciated.

Our OCI timeline.
Photo/Signature Scanned On 17-MAY-2010
Registration Status Granted On 21-OCT-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 27-OCT-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 29-OCT-2010
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 02-NOV-2010

You can do it after your cruise. No problems. Better would be to visit the Consulate in person and collect the OCI for all. You submit the PPs in the morning 0900-1230 and collect them back at 4.00 p.m. One day trip is worth the labor. Alternately you can authorize a relative or a friend with authorization letter to do job on your behalf.

I think you can go on cruise without passport book but with passport card if you have it. Then you can send your passport book for OCI and use your passport card for cruise. Just a thought.

I think you can go on cruise without passport book but with passport card if you have it. Then you can send your passport book for OCI and use your passport card for cruise. Just a thought.

Unfortunately I didn't apply for my PP Card.