Going for passport stamp at 12pm in Dallas?

stones

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to get my passport stamped Monday. But I am wondering can I go around 11:30 or 12:00, since their hours are until 1pm.

I saw several people in this forum went for stamp early in the morning, did any one went there later, say 11:30 or 12? Is the waiting time shorter if you go later?

Thanks in advance for your response.

stones I went there at 12:55 pm and got the token at 1:05 pm. I was out of there by 2:15 pm. So yes you can go late and you will be fine. Hope this helps.

vettipuls, Thanks for the reply

It helps.

Looks like it still took around 2 hours to get your stamp. Early morning or late morning, you still need to stay there for at least 2 hours.

Stamping in dallas

Stones,

were u able to get your passport stamped? I went to the empire central office today at 10:30 and was told that the district office was already closed for today and i had to come back another day. i was hoping i would not have to stand in Q ...looks like there is no way around it :(

may be 'coz it was monday

Documents for stamping ..

.. regarding the documents needed to go for stamping, do we really have to take the 2 ADIT style photos ?

The approval letter just asks for a valid international passport. No mention of photos or anything.

Do the approvals specifically askk for the photos ?

Jaysee

Stamping on Wednesdays only ...?

The approval letter states that we need to go stamping on Wednesdays only between the hours of 7:30 am and 1:00 pm.
Anybody received a similar specific day of the week ?

Jaysee

ADIT mentioned on Approval Notice

Jaysee,

there was a mention of the ADIT pictures on our approval notices. Except for wednesday, we were asked to go on any of the other 4 days...i wonder if it is different for you since your case had been transferred to the local office. i know that at the local office they do have facilities to take ADIT style pictures.

Anitha ..

Congrats on your approval.

It may be that since the case was transferred and aproved at the local office, the contents of the approval letter differ.
Moreover, the officer actually stapled the photos tht I sent with the I-485 package to the I-551 form. It is also mentioned that I need to get the stamp only as a temporary proof of approval for employment and travel purposes.

Thanks for your response.

jaysee

Wednesday is the day that the Dallas office reserves for appointments only, and as such is closed for walk-ups. It seems strange that they want you to go on appointment-only day, but haven't actually given you a specific appointment time.

dms ...

.. I figured that. The time stated is anytime between 7:30 am and 1:00 pm on any Wednesday. The letter explicitly indicates that only in the case that I would like to have a temporary evidence of the approval for employment or travel purposes, I need make this appointment. So, unlike getting an approval letter from TSC, this is more of a need basis. The card has already been ordered as I have completed signing and being fingerprinted on the I-551 form.

Thanks for you response though.

Jaysee

Anitha, we went yesterday around 12:30pm, and were told the same thing

So we went there this morning, and it took about 1 hours to get the token, and another 30 minutes to be stamped.

When we left, there are still about the same many people waiting in line for taken. So I guess there is no way around it.

The lady didn't ask anything, just took our passport, I-94, photo, and approve notice, stamp the passport.

And Jaysee, our approval letter asked for photo. and says we can only to weekdays other than wendesday.

But doesn't worry about the photos if the letter didn't ask for it. If they do after they see you, there are two photo place right accross the street.

Good luck!

Thank u for the reply

Stones,

thank u for the reply..one more Q...what time did u get there in the morning today? we are planning to go on thursday ....

My wife went for her stamping yesterday - she went to the center in Dallas - Stemmons Freeway. She was there at 6.15AM, and about 50th in line. She was in the office and in front of the officer at 8 and home by 8.45. She had a RD of September 2001.

It was a quick process - no issues. The policeman standing outside had said this was the longest line he had seen in a while - may be more cases are being approved thesedays.

Lets hope the aproval process speeds up and we all get outs soon.

Anitha

We got there at 8 am, and we were out around 9:30 am. The line was only filled up the the first turn (they have at least 5 turns). But it took us 1 hour to get the number, because a lot of people just asking questions, and that took a lot of time.

I didn't count how many. But from the old posts, looks like if you do go there around 6:30, it will take you about 2 sometimes even 3 hours. It will take you less time if you go later, if you can take 1 hour off work.

Hope it helps.

Something has definitely changed for the better at the Dallas office. The line used to always fill all five turns by 6 am and was still filling all of them by 11 am.

Wish485 - you are lucky to have your AP already. I applied in October 03 and got my EAD in December 03 and FP in Jan 04 but still waiting for my AP.

I guess this proves how random TSC works ....