Going for emergency AP to San Jose; advice needed

get_moving

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am going to INS office in San Jose on Monday to seek emergency AP.
Here is what I plan to carry. Please check and provide suggestions on how best to present my case
a) Passport
b) Letter from home country supporting the reason for emergency
c) 2 photographs
d) copy of advance parole that is applied for
e) check of $110 as application fee if they provide another advance parole
I am planning to reach at 7 am in the morning
Is there anything else that is needed?
Any advice on who to speak to / plead with in case the person at the counter refuse to provide AP

There will be line with at least 200-300 people at 7 am. You have to be there at 3-4 am. Also you have to carry copy of I-485 and something with proof of your residence in San Jose area like driver licence

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by get_moving
Hi
I am going to INS office in San Jose on Monday to seek emergency AP.
Here is what I plan to carry. Please check and provide suggestions on how best to present my case
a) Passport
b) Letter from home country supporting the reason for emergency
c) 2 photographs
d) copy of advance parole that is applied for
e) check of $110 as application fee if they provide another advance parole
I am planning to reach at 7 am in the morning
Is there anything else that is needed?
Any advice on who to speak to / plead with in case the person at the counter refuse to provide AP

Please share with us your experience. getting the AP.

Experience

experience
reached at 7:30(San Jose) - (was planning to reach earlier - damned alarm did not ring).Remember to take gloves - apart from the usual cap and jacket.
in the room at 8:30
the person at the inquiry counter refused to give token since my reason was not medical related. Persuaded him to part with the token eventually. token was from series A
number called at approx 10:40. Was told that they cannot help unless it is a medical related emergency.
Requested to see the supervisor. The person that I was talking to was a bit sympathetic and immediately agreed.
Waited again until approx 11:20. Supervisor said that San Jose office cannot grant emergency parole until there is a life and death situation/emergency as a policy.
She gave fax / email id of CSC and suggested that I should request expedite processing.
I said that I have already done that . Also that the email id does not work. She said that keep on trying. Fax twice a day if needed.
That's it. The only high point of the day was that the rajiv filed a lawsuit against BCIS. That reduced the misery somewhat.

Please do your bit and send fax to your local congressperson detailing the 485 / AP /EAD issues. Otherwise, be prepared to keep on sharing / reading such experiences ad nauseam

get_moving,

Had you filed for AP and were waiting for the approval when you went for emergency AP

Or

You had not filed for AP and now went to get the emergency AP ?

Can you clarify.

Thanks.