Going CP interview w/out paystab is risky?

JinCA

Registered Users (C)
I￾fm in dilemma AOS vs. but I want to go for CP (in Japan). My biggest concern is I have NO pay stabs at all and I won￾ft have any in future either. I will have a small meeting with my attorney again but appreciate any comments
Here￾fs my situation, my status is E-1 (a spouse of E-1 holder, I￾fm a housewife at this point but own work permit as this status). After I￾fve got a LC approval, I was expecting to start working for my sponsor /future employer. But they insist ￾gnot yet, till everything is done￾h they said. If I were a consular officer, I￾fd take it so awkward, maybe as a lack of ability to pay. I know that pay stabs are not in a MUST list but is it risky to go CP interview? (They will provide financial statements, bank statements, etc. I also know that the size of company doesn￾ft matter but these numbers are not so high.) My attorney had a talk with my sponsor /future employer and encourage them to let me start working but, again, the answer was no. I￾fm in California and as you probably know, if I chose AOS, I could take another 2-3 years to complete. (I-485￾cDecember 2001!)

Originally posted by JinCA
I￾fm in dilemma AOS vs. but I want to go for CP (in Japan). My biggest concern is I have NO pay stabs at all and I won￾ft have any in future either. I will have a small meeting with my attorney again but appreciate any comments
Here￾fs my situation, my status is E-1 (a spouse of E-1 holder, I￾fm a housewife at this point but own work permit as this status). After I￾fve got a LC approval, I was expecting to start working for my sponsor /future employer. But they insist ￾gnot yet, till everything is done￾h they said. If I were a consular officer, I￾fd take it so awkward, maybe as a lack of ability to pay. I know that pay stabs are not in a MUST list but is it risky to go CP interview? (They will provide financial statements, bank statements, etc. I also know that the size of company doesn￾ft matter but these numbers are not so high.) My attorney had a talk with my sponsor /future employer and encourage them to let me start working but, again, the answer was no. I￾fm in California and as you probably know, if I chose AOS, I could take another 2-3 years to complete. (I-485￾cDecember 2001!)

JinCA,

Your post is not very clear, but I will base my comments on what
I understood. Correct me if I am wrong.

a) You are a dependent for an E-1 visa holder.

b) A company is sponsoring a GC for you as a future employer.

c) I did not understand the comment about you having a work
permit. I am not too familiar with E-1 and whether it allows
the spouse of an E-1 visa holder to work???

d) Your question was, whether you can go for a CP.

It is perfectly normal for a company to process a GC for a future employee. During the process there is no stipulation that the
candidate should be working. So if the sponsor is not willing to
process a H1 for you before the GC completion then it is OK.

You can go for the CP interview even without paystubs, as long
as you can substantiate your stay and status in US.

Raju

Thank you

Hi Raju595, thank you for your reply. I feel much better after I read you're saying "It is perfectly normal for a company to process a GC for a future employee. "

here's (my answers) your questions as follow:

a) You are a dependent for an E-1 visa holder. (YES)
b) A company is sponsoring a GC for you as a future employer. (YES)
c) I did not understand the comment about you having a work
permit. I am not too familiar with E-1 and whether it allows
the spouse of an E-1 visa holder to work???
(YES, such as E,L,H, spouses are able to get Employment Authorization Card. No need to work for full time, no need to have employer to get this card, a very sweet deal. I think this started a few year back. )
d) Your question was, whether you can go for a CP. (Well I do know I can go for it, I just don't want to take any chances.)

Thanks again for your reply. Now I wonder how long we have to stay in Japan when the time comes.

jinca:

Now I wonder how long we have to stay in Japan when the time comes.
Answer: You can check cptracker.com for timelines for cp through japanese (tokyo) consulate!