Going back to India

ssrg

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have my 485 pending with the following details

RD 11/28/01
2nd FP 09/04/03

I have an expired I-94 and am currently working with EAD. I do not have an AP as I did not leave the country till date. In this situation, I am planning to go back to India permanently.

1) Will there be any problem when I get back to India like in the airport check, etc.
2) Do I have to write to the BCIS for cancellation of the pending 485
3) Will the 485 get suspended automatically
4) Will I have any problems in the future if I plan to come back to this country on any visa

I would be thankful if anyone could provide answers for the above.

Thanks in advance
SSRG

ssrg

1) Will there be any problem when I get back to India like in the airport check, etc.
** NO.

2) Do I have to write to the BCIS for cancellation of the pending 485
** No Need

3) Will the 485 get suspended automatically
** May be approved , who knows !!! But you can not enter without AP !!

4) Will I have any problems in the future if I plan to come back to this country on any visa

**I don't think so !!

FP2:Sep03, it usually takes 2-3 months after Fp2 for getting approved...Ur so close to approval...and I guess ur FP2 wasn't automatically generated., which means the case shld have been reviewed[No RFE sent so far...so wudn't haveone] by an officer, who wud have sent the FP2....!!

Probably you can wait a month or so...and if approved..apply for a Reentry permit[just in case if u feel ur plans might change..]

Just my thought..
Good Luck anyways.

ssrg !!!

I think you are very very near to obtain the GC ...
Why loose it when hundreds of people like me are starving to get one ....

My suggestion is .... Don't cancel or send anything to anybody ...
If possible, get the GC and take it with you ... who knows .... in the future you might change your mind ... and want to be back in US .....

If you want to come back then ..... repeat of the whole story of H1 ->LC Loc->LC Fed -> 140 > 485 -> EAD->AP-->FP1>EAD->AP->FP2 and god knows what else ......

It's your decision but ... think again ....

Last edited by a moderator:
ssrg,

please don't take the decision to go back man...think about all the struggles u went through probably with your family, think about all those days of utter frustration and especially when you are so close to your approval...right now even june 2002 cases are getting approved, so it's just a matter of few days before your case gets approved...

we shall overcome...

:)

Don't be stupid. First apply for AP ASAP, even it cost you $150. Wait till your GC approved. If GC approved, apply for rentry-permit and leave for two years. If you decide not to come after those two years, then quit. If your GC not approved, and got AP, leave with AP.

Don't take decision hastily.

ssrg,

I also think being so close, it might be a good idea to not suspend the process at this time by leaving the country.

If you have to go and can not stay any longer, I wonder if taking an emergency AP and then leaving would be any better. That way I think the application is not abandoned but something to check.

Then give a friends or someone you know address with AR-11 just in case approval comes through.. It would be an investment but might be worth it in case you change your mind..

Of-course there might be many other scenarios why you may be deciding to go back but just a suggestion..

ssrg

I am sure you have your reasons, but you are so close to getting it, dont' give up now. Goodluck on whatever you decide..

If you can wait 2 to 3 months that is the wise thing to do.

There is a chance that your children might curse you for not waiting to get the GC.:p

Hi ssrg

After waiting for this GC for so long, it is not owrth to just leave it. See if you can stay here and get the GC before you leave.

Whatever decisons you take, let God be with you.

HTH
dyno

HI ssrg

I know that it is very frustating...try to NOT give up your GC!You can expect your approval any time(being very optimistic)

Good luck...

Let him go

If he wants to go let him go. He obviously has made up his mind. It is not the end of the world.

Getting GC is not like getting a free pass to heaven. There are bigger and better opportunties that are bound to come his way no matter what decision he takes at this point in time.

Think of it this way, it might be the best decision of your life. Imagine US a couple of years from now, economy in a mess, all research, IT, support jobs have gone to India and other so called 'developing nations'. Because of unemployment, the general US population becoming racist, hating all immigrants with good jobs. Imagine getting laid off right after you get your GC and not finding a job for the next two years, all your savings gone.......

You never know fellas, what lies in store for you. Take a decision and move on, opportunities will come.

There is a lot more that this life has to offer than a green card.

Re: Let him go

Here is a pessimist in the name of Tim Willis ! I doubt if your GC is being processed or just posted your message to fool around..

Originally posted by Tim Willis
If he wants to go let him go. He obviously has made up his mind. It is not the end of the world.

Getting GC is not like getting a free pass to heaven. There are bigger and better opportunties that are bound to come his way no matter what decision he takes at this point in time.

Think of it this way, it might be the best decision of your life. Imagine US a couple of years from now, economy in a mess, all research, IT, support jobs have gone to India and other so called 'developing nations'. Because of unemployment, the general US population becoming racist, hating all immigrants with good jobs. Imagine getting laid off right after you get your GC and not finding a job for the next two years, all your savings gone.......

You never know fellas, what lies in store for you. Take a decision and move on, opportunities will come.

There is a lot more that this life has to offer than a green card.

Guys think it this way, if US economy does not improve fast then that won't be good for anyone. May be for a short period other countries will be benefited because of outsourcing but eventually if things still not improved then they will cut their spending even more. who would they sell stuff if they don't have people who can afford to buy, if they don't sell why would they spend money on IT and other services. So long term the world economy specifically US economy has to improve then only overall things will improve.

I dont think ssrg has decided to leave because US economy is not good may be he has some other personal reason.

ssrg,

GC is a moving thing, so as people are guessing you might get it in 2-3 months, it's only a guess and it's a moving target. Also since everyone belongs to the same group including me no one wants you to leave with all the effort going waste.

The best I can think is that get an AP and ask your attorney to inform you whenever he gets approval and you can also check the status online or call him.

Once you get approval and still you think you don't want to come back, make one more trip and get the re-entry permit as someone has already said.

That way you will get enough time to think and you have option to come back, India is always an option and you can always go back so it's better to have more options available. Take the step in such a way that you don't have to regret in future. Think ten thousand times before taking a decision and don't think even once after taking the decision.

ssrg, u r indeed a brave man, that you have come to a decision to go back to your country. I am sure you have thought about a million times and overcome all the dilemma and obession. Good luck for your future endeavour. As per people like me who are left over and not able to come to decision I donot think we are going to achieve much. GC will only help us reaching our short term gains may be next couple of years. With all the halucinations of outsourcing and economic downturn it will be impossible to survive even you have a citizenship. But if I were you before leaving I would bash at everybody, whatever--- I guess my frustration is talking. Good luck

Although ssrg is not talking much, from his/her email, may be ssrg's decision to go back has nothing to do with his Green Card and frustration etc...
There may be some another personal compelling reason for
him/her to go back to India and we all are looking at this from
"OUR GREEN CARD SPECTACLES"..

Good luck ssrg..

Dear Everybody,
Thanks for all the suggestions. I would really like to know how far is this really is?(getting the approval) I have not had an element of uncertainty for anything like this in my life. Is there a way to find out at least to some extent where my case really is. Your advice is valued as always.
ssrg.