giving up asylum status and change to another country?

mmm-mmm

Registered Users (C)
Dear all:

Due to the big improvement of policies and law regulations of my homecountry recently, I am planning to give up my asylum status and chnage another status, such as H1-b visa or apply the Canada PR, I am from a Asian country. could you have any good opinions for me? I am so tired of waiting for the hopeless GC in US. I do not complain anything because I chose it my self. is there anyone who could help me out about visa status change? I will appreciate your help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell us why are you unhappy.

You can travel. You can work freely. The only rights you dont have are to vote or to bring your spouse in this country.

You can buy a house. you can get student loans or any other kinds of loans.

Why would you give up your status that you obtained after spending nights up thinking about it if you will be approved?

Is it because you cant go back to your home country?

Do share your misery because to some getting approved is a lot(ask care2much..what would he do to get an approval?)

wantmygcnow said:
Can you tell us why are you unhappy.

The only rights you dont have are to vote or to bring your spouse in this country.
This is the most important part which I got stuck with it.

Does not make any sense to me.

make sure to have options

i understand you. please just make sure the situation in your country is really safe.

wy007 said:
If I have a choice, I would do the same thing.

Check this out:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html

Skilled Worker Self-Assessment for Canadian Immigration

The skilled worker class takes up to 2 years to get an Interview. YOu can go and look at their website for processing dates. In total it takes 2 years to get an interview/approval. Then another year to get the visa and clearances in order...

Its not as simple as 1-2-3...

nasrmobin said:
This is the most important part which I got stuck with it.

Does not make any sense to me.

Nasrmobin....Yes lots of ppl are stuck with the stupid rule that asylees cant bring their wives.....Can your wife come as a student..do uhave your GC? IF you have your GC, you could go to your congressman and maybe he could help you?

wantmygcnow said:
The skilled worker class takes up to 2 years to get an Interview. YOu can go and look at their website for processing dates. In total it takes 2 years to get an interview/approval. Then another year to get the visa and clearances in order...

Its not as simple as 1-2-3...

The grass is always greener from afar. We should be grateful for our ability to enjoy the American Dream.