Getting new TN1

Vikki Sidhu

Hi,
I am currently on TN1 but I am switching the company and will be going for another TN1. The new company has mentioned the start date on the TN1 letter. I have to give two weeks’ notice at my current company and then I want to take one week off before starting the new job
My question is –
• Can I go or you recommend getting the TN1 stamped three weeks before the start date?
• If yes, what would be my status one week before the start date as I won’t be working during that week?
Thanks,
Vikki

as you must have seen in multiple threads on this forum (and as nelsona & others have mentioned also), do NOT give your notice until you have secured your second TN. Once you get your second TN, you can give the notice if you choose to and take a week off too. I think 2-3 weeks prior to start date for second TN should be fine

as you must have seen in multiple threads on this forum (and as nelsona & others have mentioned also), do NOT give your notice until you have secured your second TN. Once you get your second TN, you can give the notice if you choose to and take a week off too. I think 2-3 weeks prior to start date for second TN should be fine
What would be

Just to add to what CalGreenCard mentioned, TN starts from the day you are granted the status at the border and NOT on your actual start date. So even if you start 3 weeks down the road (after getting your second TN), your status will be TN