Getting H1B in Tijuana

Hong S

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Does anyone have recent experience in getting an H1 stamp in Tijuana? What I am really worried about is if someone can still come back to US with I-94 even if the application was denied. I am going there next month and would appreciate any advice especially in current situation.

Also I am confused on the number of entries you may get: some say two entries in 6 months, others say only one in 3 months. I guess the 2/6 only applies to F1 visa, but not sure. Any input?

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Tijuana is easy

Hong,
I got my H1B stamped in Tijuana in April \'01. There were absolutely no questions asked and the whole process was a cakewalk.
Regarding coming back to US in case of visa is denied - I would say at the time I went for my stamping, you could still come back. I don\'t know what the situation is now. The officers at the post did a cursory check of my passport and I had to literally push them to stamp my passport. Infact I had again visited Tijuana during the long weekend (labour day) and even at that time I didnot face any problem.
Regarding the number of entries in your visa - That is country dependant. I am sure you could find this information on the DOS website.
I hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope it is still that easy now. Couldn\'t find the entry info on DOS or INS, even called them. But anyway, I\'ll have to try it in Oct.

H-1B from Tijuana

Can anyone give me details of how to get H-1B stamp from Tijuana,Mexico?I have scheduled an appointment for November 1st,2001.
I came to US on F-1 visa and now my H-1B is approved.I have been in legal status always.My only concern is that is it true that now it is necessary to get visa to enter Tijuana?Can anyone let me know please who has obtained H-1B from Tijuana recently?
ALso how far is the bank from consulate?Do they accept cash in US dollars?
When I re-enter US,will INS stamp my passport and give me new I-94?