Getting H1 VISA stamping in Canada

Hello

How lucky you guys are !!! Being a Passport holder of a muslim countries, I dont qualify for Visa from Canada or Mexico, also not from Home country unless I wait 3/4/5 months even thought my case is also same (F1-OPT-H1).

Anyone has the same situation, or tried for H1 visa from Canada being a citizen of any muslim countries. I just want to know if there is new development or any chance.

What about the citizen of China?

I am curious if there is any citizen of China has gotten his or her H-1 visa stamping from Canada recnetly. I have been on H-1B since Nov. 2000 and have to attend a conference in Toronto April. I am worried about my re-entering H-1B visa. I heard that people have been told to wait 1 to 6 weeks for security check when they were applying H-1B or J-1 from China.

Any related information would be appreciated.

midwest

Only For Arab

That waiting period is onyl for Arab and Muslims. So dont worry if you are national of China.

Also, if you just want to travel to Canada only for less than 30 days, but not for applying VISA in Canada, you dont need visa to com back. Your previous Visa (F1 or whatever) and valid I94 for H1 will work.

hi apshah,

where did you apply for your Canadian visa. What where the documents you sent for the canadian visa. Did you send the US Consulate appointment letter also. In how many days did you recieve the visa. Your advice would be of much help

thanks

Please Guide : H1Stamping in India

Hi,
Good Day All.
And Good Luck To All who are going for Visa Stamping.
Man, its really good to be here.
God Bless America Always.

Now coming to the question I have for all the Xperts in here.
I really need a good suggestion/ advise.
Thanking You all the members in advance for providing the info.

I came here on F-1 for my MS in Mathematics.
I have a BSc(H) Mathematics.
I have One year Post Graduate Diploma.
I have One year of MSc from India, that too in Maths.

I am currently working and have been working all throughout.
The only -ive factor in terms of salary is that its been cut to 40%.

I have not gone to India since I landed here i.e. for almost 6 years.

I have always been in status.
I have all the docs.
I have all certificates.

I am planning to goto India in August'2003 and would be getting my passport Stamped with H-1B.
The horror stories here make me think -ively and hence I fear rejection.
Someone please guide me as to where and why visa can be rejected.
I own a house and a car here.
What to do , please guide.
Thanking You All
Sincerely
Vik

Visa stamp @Toronto

I got my visa stamp for my inital H1B1 @ Toronto on Feb 2002.
I know, its a while ago, but I'd like to share anyway.

I was told by my friend that I shouldn't say I'm going to get visa stamp at the border. Stupid me, believed it and the immigration officer stopped me. So I quickly told her real story. I began to show her all prepared document I had with me.
Then, she smiled and told me "there is nothing wrong saying that. Actually it is even better to tell us honestly than believing rumors like that"

Only problem was that she took my I-94 at there. (maybe because she thought I was suspecious travelar? anyway, according to my lawyer, the I-94 shouldn't be taken @ there if you are traveling for few days)

Anyway, the process at embassy was very, very smooth.
There were a long line that kept me standing for 1 hour.
However, at the window, only questions I was asked for, was following,
my salary, my position, the date of graduation.
The lady asked me to show her my diploma, and open my transcript for her. She was polite, and very nice.
I prepared all related documents, plus SSN card, employement letter, etc. but they weren't really asked.

According to the web-site, it was supposed to take overnight to get my passport back, but it was returned on the same day @3pm.

I drove back from there. At the border,the officer was very nice and did check my car's trunk and seats. About my passport, they just looked at my attached I-797 and newly stamped visa and told me "welcome to U.S"

I was a bit nervous doing so, becuase it was after 9/11.
Anyway, all process went very smooth.
Toronto was very beautiful and friendly. Public transportation was very organized.
Just make sure reasearch well on the back you need to use.
good luck

H-1

Hi Sagar

I am about to go for new H-1 stamping and deciding between vancouver and delhi consulates. My OPT is valid for one month more.

Would you advise on Vancouver or Delhi and share a little detail about your experience with stamping, like questions/docs asked.

Thanks much

Shefali