Getting H1-B stamp in Vancouver BC

asett

I am currently a resident of Seattle WA. I plan to go to India in the last week of Dec'08 and return in the second week of Jan'09. In Nov'08, I would have completed 3 years on the H1-B and my current H1-B stamp (which I got at Vancouver BC in Sep'06) expires on 1st Jan'09. My original plan was to drive across the border to Vancouver BC, get the stamp at the US consulate and then drive back across the border to Seattle. I booked a Consulate appointment in the 4th week of Nov'08.

I noticed that they are asking all applicants (whose appointment falls after a certain date in 2008) to fill a form online (DS160) which is the equivalent of the DS156, DS157 and DS158 combined or so I think. In this form they ask for an address where they will send the passport and that's where my problem is. I don't have a house in Canada and was told by a friend that for a passport to be delivered to an applicant, the delivery address must have the applicant as one of the people registered as living there otherwise it wont get delivered. I cant have the passport sent to my home address in Seattle as I need it to cross over the border back into the US.

It seems like the Vancouver BC consulate has changed the process and I am guessing that they are trying to plug some loophole. I was wondering what the safest thing to do would be and would also appreciate input from people who have recently gone there for stamping.

Also, if during the interview I am asked whether my company has filed for a Green Card for me, what should I do?

All input is appreciated.

Hi,
side question - I will get my renewed H1B soon, but since I cannot travel to India, I was thinking of getting it stamped in Canada. Can you point me to a website, phone number that will help me setup an appointment for this in Canada?

Thx!