Getting green card through u.s citizen father who does not live in USA

coffee123

I am currently trying to file for a greencard through my us citizen father who is not living in the usa he is filing for under 21 son/daughter.the only problem is that he does not live in the U.S nor has a us address.He is getting his cousin living in the U.S to co sponsor,am i still eligible under these terms???

he was in the US till the age of 4 and traveled back and fort a bit after the age of 14 so he could have been there for the two years after 14 aswell the only problem is he doesn't know how he can prove it.:/

does anyone know if my dads cousin living in the U.S co sponsors am i then eligible??

Last edited by a moderator:
Your father needs to be domiciled in the US to sponsor you. That doesn't mean he has to be living in the US right now, but if he hasn't lived there since he was 14 he's going to have a problem convincing the consulate that he's domiciled in the US unless he moves back to the US during the green card process.

thanks for the info

Any idea how he would go about proving he had made up the two years after the age of 14 would customs keep a record or anything like that? Regards.

Your case needs more looking into. I would advise that you consult a lawyer quickly before you make 21. Time is of the essence.

Good Luck.

thanks for the info

Any idea how he would go about proving he had made up the two years after the age of 14 would customs keep a record or anything like that? Regards.

Did he attend school in the US? School records can be used for that purpose.