Getting GC and changing employer

Hi

How strictly does the INS enforce the rule that we should stay with the sponsoring company for some time before we take up a new job ? My RD is December 18, 2001. My client is waiting for my GC approval to hire me. They may not allow me six months or more after my GC gets approved. Does anybody have any experience with this ?

Thanks.

Do It Before

Hi VenkateshAiyar

Why don't you do it before your GC is approved, then there will be no worries about waiting for a certain period of time before changing employers.

But ensure your job description is similar, different designation is not a big problem..

Cheers

If your current company agrees with your client and you want to do it after getting GC to be safe - get a letter from your current company that they are in agreement with your job change.

Generally consulting companies agree to bodyshop to client in this scenario - specially if they are desi company they will probably give you that letter if they get enough money.

same boat

I am going thru the same frustrating process. My GC was stamped Oct 25th. Inspite of the written agreement with the client, my company (ofcource Desi) does not want to relieve me. They are delaying as far as they could. They are getting paycheck why would they care? It is difficult situation. Treatement has gone bad to worse. They just don't care anymore.