Getting case status by calling 1800

johnpa2005

Registered Users (C)
whenever I call 1800 number and try to get status, they cannot give more than what is on the website. Have any of you managed to get the latest (like interview notice sent or not...etc...) on N400 by calling USCIS (1800#)? If so how did you do it?

Thank you
JP

You are wasting time to call 1-800 number. All Customer Services Reps there are just useless garbage though 'loveoklahoma thinks they are treasures.

i called every week

i called every week ....... they told me when my letter was in the mail. i got it yesterday......my interviews in august ........

i forget

ask questions......they will be like oh u still have to wait...be ready with questions...especially if u pass processing dates they offered to put an inquiry...also once the gave me the info of the director to write to him directly...so i say keep calling if you have time...ask them is anything holding up my file? everytime i called new info...someone told me that they had to transfer my file which took time....ull b suprised but u will get bits of info....theres nothing to lose

nats06 said:
ask questions......they will be like oh u still have to wait...be ready with questions...especially if u pass processing dates they offered to put an inquiry...also once the gave me the info of the director to write to him directly...so i say keep calling if you have time...ask them is anything holding up my file? everytime i called new info...someone told me that they had to transfer my file which took time....ull b suprised but u will get bits of info....theres nothing to lose
whatever makes you happy>>>i guess that was what in the mind of the call center rep....
:D
plz dont waste time on calling 800 numbers...you are just putting yourself through anguish...its of no help....this is one thing everyone agrees upon...

instead focus on handling the interview....

this is a suggestion

it worked for me ....maybe not for you....it a suggestion that’s all...it gave me info that I needed...in the end its your prerogative

nats06 said:
it worked for me ....maybe not for you....it a suggestion that’s all...it gave me info that I needed...in the end its your prerogative

ok,forgive me....

btw please post your time line as it would be very informative to others...just add it to ur signature...wrt to what do and dates...

thanks in advance

ram

nats06 said:
heres my timeline :)

try calling 800 number now and see how helpful they are...
;)
they dont have any information on ur case apart from the one u can see in ur online case status

Nats06 : Were they able to pull your case on their computer

Here are my details:

VSC
Hartford DO
PD : 4/8/2006
FP : 5/12
IV : ????????

Nats06 : I have tried and each time I got different person. The answer I got was they cannot access N400 cases. The only info they can provide is same as what is shown on website. Were you able to get details like interview letter was mailed by calling 1800number?

Thank you

thats a bunch of crock

what u mean they cant access the case....tell them that u want to know the status of ure case coz ure going on vacation or some crap....they will transfer you to an officer....sometimes they go into another system....ive always got some info....never been told they cant acess n400's.....at the most they will tell you that they are still processing or whatever...i say if you have the time keep calling .....i call while im doing the dishes....and put them on speaker doesnt seem ure waiting for too long when ure doing something else,,,...they did tell me over the phone that i have been sent out the letter........hope this helps

nats06 said:
what u mean they cant access the case....tell them that u want to know the status of ure case coz ure going on vacation or some crap....they will transfer you to an officer....sometimes they go into another system....ive always got some info....never been told they cant acess n400's.....at the most they will tell you that they are still processing or whatever...i say if you have the time keep calling .....i call while im doing the dishes....and put them on speaker doesnt seem ure waiting for too long when ure doing something else,,,...they did tell me over the phone that i have been sent out the letter........hope this helps
Hey nats06! Quick question: how do you know that your interview was "descheduled" because of a pending name check? Did the "deschedule" notice say something? Or did you find out from the 800 number? Thanks.

letter to vermont

i found out from three sources.......actually 1800 told me my background was complete(lies) anyways......my senator told me......someone actually called from uscis and left me a msg to call them.......yes an actual person......and vermont wrote me and told me after i sent them a certified mail ...with signature confirmation......they even stamped the letter and all that i sent them.....1800 was wrong...they keep saying my file is in vermont we need to transfer blah blah......also in infopass they did not tell me........in my opinion i think they wont tell you ure back ground check is pending unless they have to.....like in foreverafter's case why wont they interview him already if everything is done........they just make excuses......background checks are back logged like crazy......anyways i keep my fingers crossed.