getting a tourist visa after a J1

Helz1987

I have just finished a J1 visa program in March, however I wanted to go back in May to visit my friends for a while.
Would I be allowed a tourist visa? Or would I even be allowed in the Country at that time?

I have just finished a J1 visa program in March, however I wanted to go back in May to visit my friends for a while.
Would I be allowed a tourist visa? Or would I even be allowed in the Country at that time?

Tourist visa is the way by which any J1 visa can visit the US during the 2 year home country but keep in mind:
1- To get the tourist visa has nothing to do being had J before, no credit or disadvantage for you compared to other tourist visa applicants. You should have genuine reason for the tourist visa itself and convincing proof that you will go back after the visit e.g. stable job overseas, big saving account, ongoing business, welth …..etc (not just saying I finished the J and left US and that is an enough proof, it is not)
2-Building your request to get the visa based on visiting friends in US may not fly and denial may be the ultimate outcome. Attending scientific meeting, for example, with invitation from the meeting to present work is a good reason to get the visa
3- Every single day you spend in US by the tourist visa (or even in any country other than your home country) will be added to the 2 year physical residency requirement for example, if you left US on 4/1/09 and you visited US for 7 days (from 7/1 till 7/7/09) and you had transit in Europe for 2 days, then your home residency requirement will be done by 4/9/2011 not 3/31/11 and so on.
4- Nowadays with phones, internet, videoconference …..etc it is much easier and way cheaper to be in contact with friends compared to getting visa, travel ….etc