Get money back from CIS for AP and EAD applications?

SunnyD

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Ask a seemly impossible question: could I get my money back from The CIS for pending applications for AP and EAD (my wife and I)? I sent our second EAD and AP applications on Dec 1st, 2004, I got approval of I140 and I 485
in mid December (I understand from stories on this board that the AP and EAD application might trigger I485 approval). Now the EAD and AP are still pending, LUD of AP and EAD was changed on Dec 29, 2004, I know I should n't push my luck too far, but I still feel CIS should return our money back. Did anybody have such experience?

Happy New Year!

SunnyD
I140 AD Dec13, 2004
I485 AD Dec15, 2004
Passport Stamp Date: Jan 5, 2004

SunnyD said:
Hi,

Ask a seemly impossible question: could I get my money back from The CIS for pending applications for AP and EAD (my wife and I)? I sent our second EAD and AP applications on Dec 1st, 2004, I got approval of I140 and I 485
in mid December (I understand from stories on this board that the AP and EAD application might trigger I485 approval). Now the EAD and AP are still pending, LUD of AP and EAD was changed on Dec 29, 2004, I know I should n't push my luck too far, but I still feel CIS should return our money back. Did anybody have such experience?

Happy New Year!

SunnyD
I140 AD Dec13, 2004
I485 AD Dec15, 2004

Quick question - Is USCIS accepting personal checks these days for processing fees? For my 1st EAD/AP, I had sent personal checks but for renewal my lawyer is asking for certified checks or money orders!

Yes,

For both AP and EAD renewals they do accept personal checks. They did for me and honestly it is better as it is easier to track the application for rcpt no etc.

Rgds,

Yeppo

yeppo said:
Yes,

For both AP and EAD renewals they do accept personal checks. They did for me and honestly it is better as it is easier to track the application for rcpt no etc.

Rgds,

Yeppo

Whom should the checks be made out to?

SunnyD said:
Hi,

Happy New Year!

SunnyD
I140 AD Dec13, 2004
I485 AD Dec15, 2004
Did you read the EAD on-line rules and regulations? They do mentioned that, once they issued the EAC Number, they cannot return the $ amount. since they allocated EAC Number.

I got system error message, when i did applied EAD 1st time, then and it was showing EAC number on screen and telling to try another time. so I did apply again after 1 hour then I got EAC confirmation receipt. very next day I called and asked about this, but i never got reply back. :(

You will not get the money back. USCIS might have denied EAD / AP on 29th, congrats on approval and enjoy the 2005 sunshine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
you are...

such an idiot...to ask such a stupid question...

sorry for word usage but i could not think of anythin else to describe you...you have freaking gc approval and you think your ead/ap might have triggered it...and even after that you want your money back...

be happy that you have gc now...there are so many ppl on this board who would be more than happy to be in your shoes...

so learn to be happy...for guys like u ...life will never be free of issues...i can tell for sure....

mv1211

mv1211 said:
such an idiot...to ask such a stupid question...

sorry for word usage but i could not think of anythin else to describe you...you have freaking gc approval and you think your ead/ap might have triggered it...and even after that you want your money back...

be happy that you have gc now...there are so many ppl on this board who would be more than happy to be in your shoes...

so learn to be happy...for guys like u ...life will never be free of issues...i can tell for sure....

mv1211

That is an unusually harsh language to use! So what if there are more people who might want to be in the shoes of people who have approval, that is but natural. What is wrong in wanting to save the extra money spent on the EAD and AP? I don't think it is wrong? SunnyD Try if you can put a stop on the checks if they have not already been cashed!!

Waiting!

Last edited by a moderator:
My AP also was pending and my EAD had just been renewed when my GC got approved. I have no hopes of getting the money back I know and I am not going to try. But at the same time I would also say it is harsh to criticize someone if they want their money back just bcos the GC has come. Remember not everyone makes 6 digit salaries and each dollar we earn here we have to sweat for it. No harm in requesting a refund. I am sure that the department will revoke the GC for the crime of enquiring about a refund !!! I think you do get a portion of the money back.

Rgds,

Yeppo

try4gc said:
Whom should the checks be made out to?

Pls chk individual form instructions. They clearly say whom the checks have to be made out to.

Rgds,

Yeppo

Thanks for those kind responses. I guess it is end of story if they do mention no refund policy on their website. Just hate the feeling being robbed.

mv1211,

I definitely enjoy my freedom which I earned it after working in this country for seven years. I think you should take it easy. If you want be an idiot like to be robbed, then so be it, just don't yell to everybody that you are a smart ass (hole).

SunnyD

SunnyD said:
Just hate the feeling being robbed.

It's NOT a robbery. Think about it. The minute they enter your details in to their system and generate EAC numbers, they have rendered the service. So, how can you expect to get the refund? There is no partial work, right?

Who knows, those EAD/AP renewals might have triggered your approvals. I wouldn't go as far as claiming it as a robbery. I know it's a hard earned money but...

everything is not about money...

and life goes beyond it...thats what the morale of my last post was...

robbed? pls. get your words right...you are the one who wanted to apply for ead/ap (probably to trigger 485 approval..i m guessing from your post) and they did not ask you to apply for it...and seeing your temperament i can tell that you would have done it long before the u wld actually have needed it...u did it for your sense of security...

it is like going taking insurance for your rental car...once you safely return..you want your insurance money back by saying i did not have an accident and rental car agency robbed you...

i guess smart ass (****) is better than stupid ass (****)...(well i can use harsh language but can't use vulgar language like u did)...

mv1211

If you owe USCIS money because they've issued the EAC number and processed your case, no matter what you mess with the check, you still owe them money, plus $25 or more for bounced check if that happens.

You think you can get away with debt owed to a government agency?

Think twice about it.

request a hold on the checks. your bank should be able to do that.

I specifically asked my lawyer about this and she said dont even bother. She asked me NOT to ask for a refund and let the money go. I have considered it as a donation to USCIS in lieu of my GC approval!!

you can forget abt refunds from USCIS...

In 2002, I withdrew my application for revalidation of visa due to an urgent need for travel. Guess what, I lost the entire $375 (three passports @ 125 each). My lawyer told me that it was a rule, if you withdraw, you lose the money.
In my case, they did'nt act on the applications even after 3 months!
In your case, they have rendered service.
If I were you, I will not stop payment on these checks. That could tantamout to breach of contract. You paid, they acted on your application. Period.
Congratulations on your approval, which is the goal of most people on this forum. Have a great New Year's. Raj

I have my EAD and AP pending and my GC approved...now i don't care about money...its just $350..atleast we get out from this loop...

thanks