get EAD fast

ravena

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

is there a way to get EAD quickly?

I am a student on H-4 and I-485 pending; didn't apply for EAD (thought I won't need it until after graduation).

I got a totally unexpected offer of assistantship for this semester and have sent I-765 few days ago but per normal processing times (NSC) it will take 2-1/2 months.

Is there a way to expedite the processing to couple of weeks?

One criterion listed on the web for expedited processing is "severe financial loss". The value of assistantship is about $6800 (salary + tuition remission). Do you think that would qualify as a "severe financial loss"?

Do you think contacting the congressman or going for infopass could help?

Thanks

Ravena

Well, i think at this time congressman cant' help, as you haven't even filed EAD. try filing EAD and keep your fingers crossed, if you're lucky you can get it approved within couple of weeks. For my it took from ND to card mailed 25 days with regular processing.

I filed for my renewal with NBC on 10/31 which was about 6 weeks too late. So far I have been off work for that 6 weeks with a financial loss of substantially more than $6800 and the loss of my benefits. I did send an expedite request but unfortunately it has made no difference at all. By all means give it a go but I wouldn't count on it having any effect. The general attitude of CIS is that if you have not applied early enough then its tough, sorry.

Is your I485 work based or marriage based? If you are able to file with the local service center rather than sending the application to the NBC then I would suggest that. NBC seems to be by far the slowest processor.

thanks

Hi,

thanks for your replies. I actually filed EAD application last week and USCIS got it today, according to tracking. So I can't do anything right now at least until I have case number.

BobbyZee: what was your service center?

jimothy: I have (dependent, employment-based) I-485 pending at NSC, so I sent EAD application to NSC, as this seems to be the only logical choice...

Thanks

Ravena