get ead card but still unable to work now

kitoko said:
i live in nyc. i applied for a social security card on december 12,2006 , as soon as i had received my ead and i was told too 3weeks to verify the info to uscis then 6-12weeks to receive the card or more by the lady at IRS. But on January 9, 2007 i received a mail from Social Security stating that i should get my card in about 2 weeks. I received the actual card on january 18,2007 :D :p now monday or tuesday i will go to the dmv but i think this takes longer a month i was told but at least with your social you can work. i can wait for the state id. :rolleyes:

Same Here, I also figured the DMV would also take a month to verify, not to mention that your ID or License will expire when you EAD expires.

I'm still waiting as of Jan. 28. 2007 :(

DaBigHurt said:
Same Here, I also figured the DMV would also take a month to verify, not to mention that your ID or License will expire when you EAD expires.

I'm still waiting as of Jan. 28. 2007 :(

No DMV does not take any time. If you have picture ID (passport, EAD, etc.) Social Security card or number printout or other alternative documents allowed they will process you in about 15- 20 minutes. Congratulations to everyone who waited it out and got the results they wanted. "Patience is a virtue" and Hang in there for those who are waiting. It will come. It will be at least another 3-4 weeks. Just check on it every week and keep calling USCIS(if only to annoy them :p ) Just kidding!!!!

My DL came in about 1 week after I applied.

In Florida DMV sends all applications for non-residents to check with the main office in Tallahassee, Fl.

NITEOLE718 said:
congrat polich you already send in your w2?
Thank you so much :) :) :)
I can't believe myself and will not believe untill I will hold card in my hands
Yes, I sent it the same day as I had my interview

Yes, thank you, It such a relief.
I promise you and you will be there soon.
Just get prepared for your interview, make sure you have everything they might need even if you already sent it.
And keep us posted.

Got a job w/o SS

Hey guys, I just wanted to keep the guys in this thread updated on my situation. A friend got me a job interview and so i met with his boss, and he said that although a SS card is "preferred" at least to give him a letter saying that I applied for it, and to bring my EAD. He didnt even ask me for anything else, I even started to work the same day. He just told me to keep him updated as to my SS card, that when I get the number to let him know. Hope this helps anybody that is still bummed about the whole SSA/USCIS process.

NeShawn, the DMV doesnt need to verify your info? Man I hope thats true, that will at least buy me plenty of time to get a State ID, I hate to be carrying my EAD card with me at times, I would hate to lose it.

got social security approval letter in the mail feb3-2007 it said wait 2 weeks to receive it in the mail if not to call . i know its gonna come before 2 weeks. thanks dabighurt.but the job that i'm getting they need to do a background check.

i still havent received my ssn yet and its been 7 weeks since i applied....Dont know what they doing...so hopefully it will come soon....Some people get it quick...who knows :confused:

i got a notice in the mail yesterday telling me i have to wait two weeks to get my ssn i know i'm gonna get it before that hopefully. luna77 did you get a notice letter after you apply for ssn?

when you applied for your ssn they gave you a letter telling you that you applied?they gave me a reference number on the letter saying that i can call or come to the office if i don't get my card by 6-8 weeks. i applied on jan 24 2007 and then on feb 3 2007 i got a mail saying this is a receipt to show that you applied for a ssc on jan 24-2007. you should have your card in about 2 weeks.any documents you have submitted are being return to you with this notice.if you do not receive your card within 2 weeks please let us know.you may call,write or visit any social security office.
i,m wondering if its 2weeks from when i applied or 2 weeks from when i got the mail let see.

They did send u a mail....Thats good.That means u should receive ur ssn within 2 weeks from the date u got that mail...
I didnt get nothing yet...only the letter saying that i applie when i went the first time
....I keep calling them and they keep telling me the same stuff..Its really frustrating....
:mad:

Kitoko I Got The Same Mail They Sent You For Your Ssn So I Guess I Get It In 9 Days Like You I Hope So Because Its Bored Home

Hi, I just received a letter last Feb 6 from SSA stating card will be mailed in 2 weeks...
Hope to get it faster because the company I am applying for need my SSN for BI.
Keep you posted...

thanks waren613 i got the same letter on feb3 i wonder if its two week from when you applied?or two weeks from the letter they sent in the mail.i need ssn too for the job that i'm getting.because they need background check.