General Question regarding Form I-485

Neil B.

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys.

My employer actually received and has in their possession the original approved Form ETA 750 (application for employment certification) as well as the approved Form I-140 (immigrant petition for alien worker). (I was given photocopies).

Should I acquire the ORIGINAL approved Forms to include with my I-485, or will photocopies of these approved Forms suffice???

Thanks all.

TN to I-485

Nelson.

Going from TN to Adjustment of Status. I could have posted somewhere else but for now still a TN'er...

the original ETA forms were submitted with the I-140 and not even your employer or their lawyer will have them. it is part of the process. the employer will keep the I-140 approval and you just need the copy of the approval when you submit the I-485. USCIS has issued the I-140 approval and once they recieve the copy, it has sufficient information on it to be able to pull the file out. you just send a copy of your documents to them and you take the originals with you to the interview so that they can see it. Dont send original documents unless they ask for it. good luck...