General/Basic info for new H1

honey_please

Registered Users (C)
1- What is minimum qualification requirement for H1 these days?

2- When does Quota starts and ends and how many visas are issued?

3- What is the processing fee for new case?

4- What is the time difference between regular and premium processing?

5- Minimum work experience required for H1?

Thanks for the help!

honey_please said:
1- What is minimum qualification requirement for H1 these days?
What kind of job , Are you talking about.?
2- When does Quota starts and ends and how many visas are issued?
Quota already started and finish any time. GOK3- What is the processing fee for new case?
Depends on your sponser's status. (Profit -non profir, H1 dependent, non dependent, transfer or new etc0
4- What is the time difference between regular and premium processing?
6 MONTHS TO 3 WEEKS
5- Minimum work experience required for H1?
SOME JOB DO NOT REQUIRE ANY EXP AT ALL

Thanks for the help!

Ok lets give guru some specifics

my wife just became citizen and now wants to sponsor her brother and his wife and kids.

We first want to bring him here on an H-1 visa. Since he has a cooking license in his home country we decided to create a catering business in her name and she sponsor him as his employer just for the visa and then later sponsor him as his sibling.

what do we need to prove it is a legitimate business and how on earth do you fill out this i-129? Do you think we should hire a lawyer?

bb_5555 said:
Ok lets give guru some specifics

my wife just became citizen and now wants to sponsor her brother and his wife and kids.

We first want to bring him here on an H-1 visa. Since he has a cooking license in his home country we decided to create a catering business in her name and she sponsor him as his employer just for the visa and then later sponsor him as his sibling.

what do we need to prove it is a legitimate business and how on earth do you fill out this i-129? Do you think we should hire a lawyer?

1. Unless, he has a bachelor degree in Catering Technology/Beverage Industry, H1 is nearly impossible in the particular job category.

2. To sponser an employee, you should have a business running otherwise a fool proof convincing business plan indicating your capital, infrastructure, cash flow projected etc. If it is the first H1 for a new company, you have to show photo of your cooking facilities, locations, Federal tax id, city business license, bank balance etc.

3. If you are going to sponser for Family IVth category, it is long way to go presently PD is 1992 by the time it reach your brother PD (e.g. Sep 2005) , it may take atleast or not less than 15 yrs before he adjust the status. Not worth a wait since you have other alternatives.

If he qualify, let him change over to good catering firm from your h1, they process his PERM GC, he will get it with in 2 or 3 years. (GC through your company is not so easy).
If your brother is not married, as a sister get a girl (USC) from your community to marry so that let him taste US Citizenship immediately.

Good luck