GCWORLD is approved: RD: 4/10/2002 !!!!

GCWORLD

Registered Users (C)
We are approved (me and my wife) on 10/11/2004. It has been long journey.
Finally got the 4 magic e-mails. Thanks for the all participants who have been very helpful with their valuable suggestions and information posted.

My case details:

Company 'X' filed labor April 2001. Approved very fast (in a month).
company 'X' merged with 'Y'.
Company 'Y' filed I-140. Approved with out any problem.
Compnay 'Y' merged in to 'Z'.
Company 'Z' filed I-485 with successor-in-interest letter. Also filed amended I-140 (to be on safe side). Took 4 month to file I-1485.
My wait started with targeting my case would be completed in 1 year (at that time the speed was like that), 15 months.....2.5 years.

Changed the company 3 months ago. Did not send AC21 letter.
Good luck all.

Thankx
GCWorld.

GCWORLD said:
We are approved (me and my wife) on 10/11/2004. It has been long journey.
Finally got the 4 magic e-mails. Thanks for the all participants who have been very helpful with their valuable suggestions and information posted.

My case details:

Company 'X' filed labor April 2001. Approved very fast (in a month).
company 'X' merged with 'Y'.
Company 'Y' filed I-140. Approved with out any problem.
Compnay 'Y' merged in to 'Z'.
Company 'Z' filed I-485 with successor-in-interest letter. Also filed amended I-140 (to be on safe side). Took 4 month to file I-1485.
My wait started with targeting my case would be completed in 1 year (at that time the speed was like that), 15 months.....2.5 years.

Changed the company 3 months ago. Did not send AC21 letter.
Good luck all.

Thankx
GCWorld.

Congrats! However, you are not working for sponosored company though some might call it FRAUD, it might pose you problem ONLY while applying for citizenship right?

Congrats GCWorld, enjoy the freedom.

girishreknar

I don't think it will be a big deal even at citizenship if his work is similar to what he might have been doing with the sponsoring company.

Thanks all.

Grish..

Are u asking about AC21 ?

If it is , it is very clear that we can change the companies after 180 days. So no body can say 'it is FRAUD'. If you are asking about the X,Y,Z then they are mergers and hence successor-in-interest, INS should not question about it.

Thanks

Wonder some times about this question!!!

I have been seeing too many posts recently stating that not working for sponsored company after getting GC could cause trouble at the time of citizenship...........

With AC21 and all other changes in the last 4 years were directly related to based on the issue "employers hurting employees" ( most of them ). How this comes up again at the time of citizenship which is 5 more years away from time of getting GC ?

not sure how they expect you to work for them when you switch employer even before getting 485 approval. And also I am not sure whether anyone would go back to the employer after leaving them once. I would not go back to any work place because it does not look good if you leave and then try to get back to them from their point of view.

How realistic this thing in reality ?

comments please........

After getting GC, I think we need to work for the Employer (Either Original employer if not used AC21 or with new employer if used AC21) for some time. Please note that AC21 is giving the option that new employer can ADOPT your pending GC process as long as their business and your position is similar to the original employer. As we are all in software industry, it is very safe (I think). If the new job is in Manufacturing etc. (Just an example) need to think lot.
That is just my view.

GCWORLD said:
Grish..

Are u asking about AC21 ?

If it is , it is very clear that we can change the companies after 180 days. So no body can say 'it is FRAUD'. If you are asking about the X,Y,Z then they are mergers and hence successor-in-interest, INS should not question about it.

Thanks

NO, I know AC21, you wrote that you have changed company 3 months before 485 approval, is that company Z in your terms? if yes, then never mind if not then you are working for a company you are not suppose to ... atleast for couple of months you need to work for your COMPANY Z after approval I believe.....

Grish..

Company 'Z' is considerd my original employer as per the Merging.
I changed the company Z to some other company (say 'A') 3 months ago (My first AC21). Hope you got it.

Then, ain't you supposed to work for Z ? since the GC as of now based on Z i.e. like I said earlier atleast 2 months after approval date. However, like premchopra said you don't have to.... just asking...

GCWORLD said:
Grish..

Company 'Z' is considerd my original employer as per the Merging.
I changed the company Z to some other company (say 'A') 3 months ago (My first AC21). Hope you got it.

According to AC21, I don't have to work for 'Z'.

It is like this:

If I had to work for 'Z' then I can't use AC21 :D . But law say's, you can use AC21.

GCWORLD said:

It is like this:

If I had to work for 'Z' then I can't use AC21 :D . But law say's, you can use AC21.
Congrats GCWORLD

INS seems to be working on Columbus day!

GCWORLD said:

It is like this:

Common Now !!! pl stop beating around the BUSH ! , you have not used AC21 you HAVE TO work for Z

What the hell are u talking ??? Looks like are you don't understand any of my posting. Also you don't know the AC21. I feel sorry for you man. I can't believe you said that.

GCWORLD said:
What the hell are u talking ??? Looks like are you don't understand any of my posting. Also you don't know the AC21. I feel sorry for you man. I can't believe you said that.

Hey, I am sorry if it was offensive, looks like I am not understanding you but CHOPRA understood it right, see his posting, if not, NEVER MIND....

Congrats anyway