gc791188 got approved!!

gc791188

Registered Users (C)
Guys, today is my day. I got approved on April 29, 2003. Both I and my wife got approved. My wife's medical was waived due to pregnancy. I was expecting an RFE for her. But, it is BCIS...

I checked online status yesterday night and it was not updated. Checked again today morning and bingo...

My details:
PD: 04, 2000
RD: Nov 16, 2001
ND: Dec 14, 2001
FP: Feb 2, 2002
EAD: March 2, 2002
AD: Apr 29, 2003

Never changed job (lawyer insisted not to use AC21).

This site has been wonderful. Last 5 months were the most difficult period for me. It was painful to watch your dreams shattered day-by-day, everyday.

I am one of the fortunate ones in the US. Came here to join a startup IT services firm as a minor partner. We grew the company to a considerable size. Now it's time to do something different and on my own...

I thank everyone on this forum for sharing both the pain and the joy associated with the I-485 process. What a nightmare it was!!

Congratulations gc791188!!!

Just quick question if it is a straight case

why lawyer insisted not to use AC21???

I wanted to use AC21 based on some postings on this forum that I may have to stick to sponsering employer for another six months.

He said that since the regulations are not out, it is risky to use AC21. He was also concerned about some employers cancelling I-140 and INS acting on the case negatively. He told me that I can change right after the GC and it is perfectly safe to do so.

I think, it is just his opinion. I followed it because I had choices.

Last edited by a moderator: