GC without 485 approval?

what'snext

Registered Users (C)
We've been evacuated for hurricane Rita for a week. When I finally got home yesterday, I was surprised to find the card in the mail. But I have not received any 485 approval notice yet, and Husband did not receive the card.

We did our FP (code 3 ) on 9/14/05, and noticed LUD on 14th, and 15th, and the card say "permenant resident since 9/16/05", does it mean that my case was approved on the 16th, 2 days after FP? In that case, the name check thing was done before FP, right? How come my husband was not approved? What are the possibilities? Please give us some clues.

Thanks.

Congratulations ! In which employment based category did you apply? What was your priority date? What is your husbands priority date.

Best,

Congrats!

Would mind sharing more details? Like when did you submit 485, what's LUDs of 485? Is USCIS 485 on-line status change to approved or did you get approve email notice?

what'snext said:
texas center, priority data 7/12/05, EB-2 NIW.

Our 485 was received 8/22/05. I did not receive any approval emails, but the reason was probably that I put in the wrong case number on the online portfolio (only found it out today). So I just checked again today, mine shows 485 approved, and LUD on 9/21/05 (there might be more LUDs which I totally missed), husband's still shows the same old message(he has lud on 14th, and 15th, the day and one day after FP). So that means he is stuck in the namecheck?

I read about some people inquiring USCIS about the namecheck, so how would I know whether it is due to the name check in his case?

NIW-nov04 and austinjoe,

I am speechless at this lucky case (I still congratulate her).

But at this moment there is no logic nor reasoning but pure luck.

I think USCIS approved your case as a humanitarian step. I say this because there are so many people in the forum with NIW priority dates back as far as 2000.

I think your husbands case, if he is dependent, would be approved soon. You can make an enquiry with Texas Service Center. You should find this form online on the USCIs website. You should hear from TSC after about 3 weeks. It is possible that husbands name is stuck in name check. Your enquiry would most likely be honered as a humanitarian help. Wish you good luck.

Best,

what'snext said:
texas center, priority data 7/12/05, EB-2 NIW.

Congrats.

if u don't mind.
what is NIW?
& what is ur PD?
and which country?

My i-485 & 140 RD 9/06/05 (India).
Texas Service Center
and i have fp appointment on oct 21st.
can i go as walkin to complete my FP?

Thanks.

For what'snext -- husband case status

Thanks for sharing. If your husband is primary, then his case is for sure being approved. Just wait his card :) If you're the primary, then his case could be stuck in FBI name check, which could take from weeks to years to get cleared :(

what'snext said:
Our 485 was received 8/22/05. I did not receive any approval emails, but the reason was probably that I put in the wrong case number on the online portfolio (only found it out today). So I just checked again today, mine shows 485 approved, and LUD on 9/21/05 (there might be more LUDs which I totally missed), husband's still shows the same old message(he has lud on 14th, and 15th, the day and one day after FP). So that means he is stuck in the namecheck?

I read about some people inquiring USCIS about the namecheck, so how would I know whether it is due to the name check in his case?