GC thru previous employer

aqan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus
My labor thru the old employer got approved last wk, the priority date is also current for that. My old employer is ready to continue my GC (he's giving me some chase though.. not sure what he is up to).

Question is: Am I obliged (by law) to join him if I get the GC thru him? If so at what stage?

I'll truly appreciate your replies.

Cheers

A friend of mine got his GC done in a similar way as you're planning and he didn't join his previous employer after getting his GC. He still has his GC and is happily working for a third company right now making lotsa money. :)

Good luck.

EB1_Slamdunk

Thanks for replying EB1. So far my previous employer never mentioned joining the company as a condition.. keeping my fingures crossed until they file my I-140.

EB1_Slamdunk said:
A friend of mine got his GC done in a similar way as you're planning and he didn't join his previous employer after getting his GC. He still has his GC and is happily working for a third company right now making lotsa money. :)

Good luck.

EB1_Slamdunk

when we join back an old employer ..he has the upper hand ..so think twice..

----------

safe harbor-i am not a attorney ..just another dude stuck in the rat race :)

Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. My LC with company A which was filed in May 2003 has recently been posted on America's Job board. Does that mean that it is close to being certified?(In my profession there is almost no chance of the LC being denied). If yes, does anyone know what the usual time frame for this is?

Meanwhile I have switched jobs to company B and have an approved labor with a PD of 09/2006. I expect the I-140 to be approved this month.

Now obviously I am interested in getting the benefit of the 2003 PD is possible and am willing to move back to company A if required. Is there any risk in doing this? My 6th year on H1B will terminate on June 20, 2007. However company B filed for and got a 7th year extension on the basis of my pending LC application at company A. I am guessing that this can be transfeerd back to company A?(please let me know if I am wrong).
Thanks for the help!