GC status after visiting home country for job purpose

priyadev

Registered Users (C)
I have GC for 3 years now. I got job offer at home country. I want to accept the job offer and if I don't like it at home country, can I return after 3-6 months and maintain the GC status? Or what are my options? thanks for your input

priyadev said:
I have GC for 3 years now. I got job offer at home country. I want to accept the job offer and if I don't like it at home country, can I return after 3-6 months and maintain the GC status? Or what are my options? thanks for your input

You can go and work there for 3-6 months to "test the water" provided you intend to come back eventually. Now, if you are asked at POE after returning 3-6 months (which they do very often if someone ia absent more than 2-3 months), what are the ways to show that you intended to come back (and have ties in USA)? The easiest way is having residence (if it's your own home, not renting it out) and immediate family members (spouse + children) in USA. On the other hand, if you sell or rent out your home, leave USA with family members and take a parmanent job in your home country, the POE officer can have good reason to suspect that you abandoned your LPR status already (therefore can deny entry).

thanks for the input

thanks a lot.
So if we abandon GC now and can come back later on H1? Are we supposed to finish some paper work when you leave the country? Or if we just leave and then come back later on H1? what are the alternatives.
thanks again

You can file I-407 to give away your PR status. This makes it easier for filing future visas. But once you file I-407 your PR status is gone. You can also do it your home country's US consulate at a later point of time.