GC stamping - officer says should only be done at INS office on courtesy notice

ak007

Registered Users (C)
Damn those INS ^#%&!@$

Sorry for venting out. But I went for GC stamping to INS at National City (just about 10 miles from San Diego downtown) - the officer told me to go to INS office in San Diego downtown. When I said my lawyer told me I could go any INS office - he insisted I go to the office mentioned on my approval notice (which was San Diego downtown). I went to INS in downtown with my 2 kids - there were about few hundred people in front and decided to back off. I am trying to get my lawyer involved and see what is the real procedure to get stamped at National City (they really have only about 50 people max at any given point of time - so the time reqd there is much less - and I know people who got their GC stamp from that office even though their Courtesy Notice mentioned SD downtown)

Please advice.

ak007

No Title

checked with my lawyer and says that National City ran out of staff and since then they have stopped accepting San Diego applicants.

No Title

Hi Ak007

San Diego INS is very good. Need not worry for the line and Hundreds of people. I went with my two kids in Dec 2000 and get stamped. You know I saw a couple of officers came out and helpout the situations too. You may surprise I reached at 7 AM only and I stood on the line and I got in after 30 minutes, then inside a very big and nice canteen helped me and kids to spend the boring time. Also inside GC stamping is a little time. Be patience a while then enjoy the INS canteen life. All it is going to be complete by couple of hours hardly. If you need any talk send me your contact to my private then I call you. All the best.