GC stamping - How many days can I wait?

ktvenkat

Registered Users (C)
I just got approved and havent received the approval notice yet. Do you guys know how many days do I have for stamping once I receive the approval notice? My family is in India and I have to make arrangements if there is not enough time.
My case details
WAC-02-103-xxxxx
ND - Jan 28h 2002
RD-Feb 04 2002

2 FPs -
3EADs
3APs
Regards.

There is no specific time limit. Sometimes it takes time to get the original approval notice from your lawyer (1 - 2 months in a few cases depends on the lawyer). Hence if you have got the original approval notice please see if you can plan to do the stamping as early as possible.

They should be fine with the AP as long as it is valid whenever they plan to come back, but please do not make it very long (like 3-4 months).

After all you have waited quite a significant time to get this damn approval, why mess up or create problems at this point.

You will have to get your family back and have the ADIT pictures taken etc. Please have all your I-94 documents, APs, EADs Approval Notices etc. ready in a folder, have a copy of all them for your records just in case the stamping officer decides to take the EADs and APs (some officers take it some are only concerned about i-94s).

Good Luck

What is your approval date? approval notice (in most cases) arrives within a week. there appears to be no limit of time from approval to stamping but i would rather stamp before do anything else.

ktvenkat said:
I just got approved and havent received the approval notice yet. Do you guys know how many days do I have for stamping once I receive the approval notice? My family is in India and I have to make arrangements if there is not enough time.
My case details
WAC-02-103-xxxxx
ND - Jan 28h 2002
RD-Feb 04 2002

2 FPs -
3EADs
3APs
Regards.

Thanks

Thanks for your responses.
My family will be back in about 5 weeks. My case was approved on July 9th. I got only the email from BCIS. I am not my lawyer knows about it yet. I am hoping to get the approval notices in the next 10 days. So it will be like one month before I go for stamping. I guess it should be ok.

You should be fine. When you go to the airport to pick them up be sure to have all the approval papers in place just in case they call you on your cell. Just to be safe and cautious, you never know anything is possible with the immigration guys.

Just a question.
I have traveled abroad several times, but did not make a copy for my previous I-94, and AP.
So right now, I have only One I-94, and one stamped AP( I did remember during my last travel, the Immigration officer took away the original AP).

Does this bother me when I do PP stamping?

xyk said:
Just a question.
I have traveled abroad several times, but did not make a copy for my previous I-94, and AP.
So right now, I have only One I-94, and one stamped AP( I did remember during my last travel, the Immigration officer took away the original AP).

Does this bother me when I do PP stamping?

As long as your I-94 is the latest and reflects the latest dates you are fine. You are correct that we all typically should have only the latest I-94 but sometimes Immigration officer at the port of entry forgets to take the old I-94 and hence you might end up having more than one.

Henceforth for your record sake you could take a copy and keep it filed, it is your call, it is not really necessary since USCIS had all your travel detail on their computer (I think).