GC stamping Experience at Newrak,NJ - 23rd April 2003

GC stamping Experience at Newrak,NJ - 23rd April 2003

As per the I-485 Approval Notice, chose to go on appointment day, Wednesday (23rd April 2003.)

(10:00 am) - Reached at 970, Broad street, Federal Bldg ,Newark,NJ around 10:00 am. Did not chose to go at 8:00 am in the morning as per the advise on this board that its quicker to get stamped with less waiting time at later time in the day.

(10:10 am) - After 10 minutes waiting at the Building entrance, entered the stamping office, II Floor, Room 200. There were 10 people in the queue, including us, all with appointment notice.

(10:25 am) - When called, the BCIS officer collected all our (myself and spouse) documents -
1.Approval Notice - Courtesy Copy
2.Passport (not expiring in next 6 months)
3.I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (Slips pinned in the passport)
4.Two ADIT Photos
5.Original EAD Card
6.Original AP

(10:30 am) - Then, she took our fingerprints and signature for I-89 Form for the "Alien Registration Card" and asked us wait for the security check to complete.

(10:40 am) - After the security check was complete, we were called and went to the same BCIS officer. She stamped our passports with Temporary Evidence of Permanent Resident Status and told this is valid for work and travel purposes. We ensured she wrote the correct A# and EAC# in our passports.

(10:45 am) - The BCIS Officer greeted us and informed that it will take 6-12 months to get the Green Card. She was extremely friendly and polite during the entire process. :)

(11:00 am) - Went to SSN Office in same bldg, X Floor, Room 1035, to submit application to remove the restriction on our SSN Card (Valid for Work Only with INS Authorization). Our existing cards was collected and told the new SSN cards without restriction will come in mail within 14 days. Was out by 12:00 noon.

Good luck to all out there awaiting eagerly for your approvals. Your day is very soon.

Thanks to you all for your sharing and caring !! :) :)

Congratulations and Thanks for sharing your experience. Does it take 6-12 months to get the plasic card?

Reply to Missyou ..
Q. Did you take your photo along by yourself or they mentioned to bring it?

A. Its mentioned in the Approval notice to bring 2 Photos

Reply to ar888 ..
Q. Does it take 6-12 months to get the plasic card?

A.Its the official processing time. It may take less or more time.

From this forum, in recent times, its quicker than that.

Parking?

Congratulations and Thanks a million for sharing ur stamping experience.

One quick (silly) question:
Is there any Parking space available in the BCIS federal building?

~Mad

Yes

At the corner of the street, there is one paid parking where they charge $9 - $10 (not sure) for 4 hour or $14 for whole day (not sure) but this is for sure that there is one.

One more quick (silly) question:
I do not have a vehicle right now in working condition. Does any body know that BCIS will run any transportation for their employees ? If so can me and my family can travel in that .. just for stamping purpose?

thanks in advance guys...

:D:D WHAT A QUESTION :D:D

Stamping Experience

Thanks for your experience,This helped me a lot. The lady who took our documents stamped and wrote wrong A # and EAC # in both of our passports.We checked and corrected immi.

One small change.

Instead of 2nd floor they moved to 10th floor and they took fingure prints and signature as soon as we entered the 10th floor and they given the blank forms with fingure prints and signature and they called with number

thanks

for sharing this valuable information...

though i believe the plastic is taking only 1-2 mnths to come not 6 mnths!!