GC Stamped today [dec 26, 2001] Newark NJ

Nani321

Registered Users (C)
Sequence of events:

6:30 am: Started from home (I and my wife)

7:00 am: Parked our car in the right side of street (street exactly opp to federal building - Walnut) - paid $6.00 /day

7:10 am: Walked to the back side of the building and got into the waiting room [allowd to get into the room by a poerson after he looked at our approval letters]. Around 15 people are already in queue [may 5 or 6 families.
Note: Approval letter is treated as appointment letter. On Wednesdays, only people with appointment will be allowed through that entrance.

7:30 am: We were given envelopes (1 for me and 1 for my wife) to place our EADs, 2 Photos (per head), I-94 s and AP s (if any - we did not have APs).

7:40 am: The same person allowed us to get into another room after verifying our IDs and approval letters (we showed him our passports as they were handy, but one can show his/her Drivers license also). Then we passed through metal detector gate. (We had to keep all our stuff, literally everything, including approval letters, on a roller that passes through security check - same as in airports).
We got in and stood in a line.

7:50 am: We got our chance and moved to one of the 3 counters. We were asked to sign in 2 places and gave forefinger-righthand print in two places of a form. We surrendered the envelopes there and we were given he new form (wherein we signed and fingerprinted), 2 slips with 2(joined by perforation) waiting numbers on it and another slip mentioning the floor number, room number and lifts to use. We weer asked to wait till 8:00 am and then goto 10th floor 1022 room using the lifts as mentioned in a slip given to us.

8:00 am: After 10 min wait and went to 10th floor and room 1022 (take the lift as mentioned and in the 10th floor it is left-left-last room @ dead-end). Waitied for our chance and we got it at 8:30 am. Me and My wifes numbers were displayed in 2 different counters but we went to a single coutner. The lady-officer was nice and greeted us with smile. Well, she took our passports and filled-in some papers. Finally, She gave us our stamped passports and also another letter-kind-of thing. She told us that we get the original card within 6-12 months and wished us to have happy new year. We reciprocated. This process took only 10 min.

8:45 am: We got into the next door (SS office) and filled in forms to have our new SS cards. The whole process took 15 min and we were in our car by 9:04 am (Just for fun, I checked my time).

Thanks to every one who are maintaining and participating in this board.
Thanks to my company for which I have been working for tha last 3 years (from day 1 of my US experience) and I came to US as a H1B for this company.
No RFEs, Never on bench and overall Very smooth GC processing [Applied for GC in June 2000 under EB2/RIR and the whole process took 1 year 7 months].
Also, I need to appreciate the efficient and systematic work done by our lawyer. Many thanks to him too.
Any questions, I am happy to answer after I return from my work (after 8 pm EST).

That is all folks.
Good luck to every one.

Nani
email: usa_towork@hotmail.com

One more important thing...

We (I and my wife) forgot to write our names along with alien numbers on the back of our photographs. I called CustServCenter and the CS person said it may not be an issue. At the most we may get a letter for another set of photos, but it is highly unlikely as the photos are placed in our files along with other docs containing our A#.

I recoomend you not to forget writing your name and A# on the back of both photos.

cheers
nani

Any help will be appreciated

Congrats Nani. You are one of the lucky ones that may help others

I have RD 3/23 and expect approval any day hopefully. My case is little complicated. I have travel without AP and I don\'t have I94 as i have canadian residency. My PP has stamped for leaving US in july after I filed 485. Do they really check this Is that going to be a problem? What do they check when they see your Passport? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From what I observed ...

I assume that you returned to US without any problem and posted this message from wiothin USA. If my assumption is correct...
Any problem, if at all exists (still very minor chance for the reason of accessible info) , may be during your AOS process.
They do not really look at your DOCUMENTS so much at the time of stamping, unless you are called for an interview ...
So, There is a chance that you may not have any problems ...

Do not worry my friend!
You will be PR very soon

Good Luck
Nani

Note:
This can not be taken as assurance or confirmed info.

EB2/RIR: PD: Jun 2000, RD/ND: Mar 2001, EAD:Apr 2001, FP: Aug 2001, GC/Stamp:Dec 2001

I do not remember LC, I140 and other approval date details.
RIR/EB2

No! But you need to get new SS cards without the "INS permission" clause on it

You already had one being on H1B, did you still have to apply for a new one?
nani: We applied to get new SS cards without the annoying message which says some thing like "Authorized to work with INS pemission only"

Did you guys get SS card right away or it will be mailed to you in due course of time?
nani: It takes 2 weeks to get new SS cards. SSN may not change.

You mentioned that you had to submit EAD, etc. along with I-94 card. Do they look at I-94 card at all or its one of those things that is not required anymore after one gets a GC and therefore they take it away like EAD & AP?
nani: In our case they did not even look at them. Your statement seems correct.

Nani321 - What is the letter kind of thing you got

You mentioned that the INS Officer Stamped you Passport and gave a Letter kind of thing in your original post. I got only my Passport stamped and did not get any letter from the Officer. can you explain what it is. Thanks, seshrag

It is titled as "NEWARK INFORMATION UNIT" with ...

.. several check box items in it. On item is checked which says we get card with in 6-8 months.

nani