GC stamp on passport and secondary inspection..

gcinfo1971

Registered Users (C)
I heard that people travelling on AP have to go through secondary inspection . Is that the case with GC stamp on passport also?

What do you think? Of course, they will go thru secondary inspection either with AP and GC stamp on passport. You don't have to worry about it. It is part of BCIS policy (standard check.)

GC stamp on passport can be forged by anyone even 12 years old kid. That's why the port of entry immigration will need to check on their computer system (secondary inspection) to match your gc stamp's A number on your passport. The computer system cannot be changed.

When they have plastic card (green card), they won't have to go thru secondary inspection because plastic card has bar code (security bar code) that is very difficult for anyone to forge. Plastic card is like credit card that can be used to be scanned by computer at any poe (port of entry - airport, seaport, borderpoint).

not necessary 2nd inspection

we just came back from an international trip. I had my card, but my wife only had the stamp. the inspector only machine-read her passport and then let her through. they could easily find out your status by your passport or your A#

gcinfo1971 said:
I heard that people travelling on AP have to go through secondary inspection . Is that the case with GC stamp on passport also?

Depends on the airport. Some airports don't, some does. For example, LAX never do secondary checking. But SFO always does.

USGC485 said:
What do you think? Of course, they will go thru secondary inspection either with AP and GC stamp on passport. You don't have to worry about it. It is part of BCIS policy (standard check.)

No necessarily. As far I understand, there is no standard and uniform procedure for secondary checking at all POEs. Every BCBP enforce its own way. I passed LAX POE twice with AP and once with passport stamping. My wife did couple of more times. WE never had to go thru secondary checking. On the other hand, SFO people always go thru secondary checking.

USGC485 said:
GC stamp on passport can be forged by anyone even 12 years old kid. That's why the port of entry immigration will need to check on their computer system (secondary inspection) to match your gc stamp's A number on your passport. The computer system cannot be changed.

That can be checked from POE terminal booths too - without secondary checking. All they need is A# to find out all the information.

I just wanted to understand what the normal procedure is. I never travelled on AP. I got the idea now.Thanks for the information.