GC spouse in INDIA?

Originally posted by Mad Par
Good..get f1 or h1 first..then get married and apply for change of status..I think thats what I said...

my friend did say that her parents have Gcs r whatever..when she went for F1 and the other for H1...for some reason..they never denied those visas...i told her infact not to try and hide stuff cuz they might always know..anyway...all i am saying it is possible...

---> Sure, people get it. But normally you don't, unless you are lucky.

as far as finding out in a month..florida..california situation..i donno abt that...it might trigger an interview..but see...u come here to work/study..u find someone here..u go back home..get married....come back apply for change of status..how is that not legal..it is still legal if u drop out of school..or u r thrown out of work..ur AOS still holds u dearly..

---> Sure, you go back home, get married and come back and apply for change of status. Ok, which status you come back on? F1/B1/H4?? If you come back on F1 and file AOS immediately, thats an appearance of fraud. H4 is fine as dual intent.

r u suggesting that doing this with prior knowledge is fraud..and doing this without prior knowledge isn't..anyway...

----> Yes, thats precisely what it is. The onus is on you to prove that its not fraud. Why get into those kind of situations? Why jeopordize your GC for something like that? If they do suspect fraud, your case can be denied and you might be barred from entering US for 5 years (??). Then you go through endless appeals and waste money and spoil your health.

sorry if i offended anyone...i am trying to show that it is POSSIBLE..eventually, did the person chose f1/h1 or try not to get married? :)

---> You did not offend as you probably did not even realize that what you were suggesting is fraught with danger.

Madhav