GC Sponsoring employer is not hiring me ..!!

need_peace

Registered Users (C)
Hello all - my situation is below

Feb 2003 - Nov 2005 - worked for Company A, filed EB2 labor, layed off in Nov 2005
Jan 2006 - worked for Company B
Jan 2007 - EB2 labor approved
Jan 2007 - filed I-140 thru company A
May 2007 -dates current, I-140 premium processesd and approved thru company A
June 2007 -joined Company C
June 2007 - filed 485 thru company A as future employer
August 2008 - recieved Greencards
June 2007-until now - working with Company C same designation and job skills etc

Company A was not keen on hiring me back and I continued working with Company C until now-job skills and designation remain the same. Was working with GC sponsoring employer only during labor stage and not 140 or 485. planning to apply Naturalization next year and worried with my situation. Employment history will not show this guy

Forum gurus.. please share insight !

The law doesn't require you to work with for the sponsoring employer during the I-140 or I-485 stage. Usually the employer will require you to work for them in order to file the I-140 and keep it alive for your I-485 filing, but it's not legally required. The sponsor could have revoked your I-140 at any time until December 2007, but they didn't.

Your job change appears to satisfy AC21, so you shouldn't have a problem.

The law doesn't require you to work with for the sponsoring employer during the I-140 or I-485 stage. Usually the employer will require you to work for them in order to file the I-140 and keep it alive for your I-485 filing, but it's not legally required. The sponsor could have revoked your I-140 at any time until December 2007, but they didn't.

Your job change appears to satisfy AC21, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks Jack..!

I have never submitted any AC21 formal letter or application to INS at any point of time.

can you please let me know in simple term what is AC21 and how this will cover me.

thanks for your time and knowledge you share in the forums here