GC Salary Compliance

decipher

Registered Users (C)
what is the law about the salary requirement after getting the GC through employment?

I know that employer needs to pay the stated salary in labor application after GC is approved. How is non-gauranteed bonus treated? Can it be considered part of the salary?

How long should the salary be in compliance? Is there any time-limit, precedent or law regarding that? I heard from my employer that it needs to be in compliance only for a year after gc approval. Is it true?

I think if your total pay (including bonuses that were actually paid, whether they were guaranteed or not) is equal to or greater than the amount on the LC, the employer has met their obligation. Unless the LC listed an hourly wage, and the total pay is less than the amount calculated by the hours worked and the hourly rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe if bonus, commission,etc are not guaranteed, they are not counted towards the salary as per DOL.

Does compliance for once year after GC enough? If the job-offer for GC application is supposed to be permanent and indefinite, wouldn't the same apply to salary restrictions?