• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

GC Received! BUT...question

BarbaraLamb

Registered Users (C)
Today I FINALLY received my CARD!!!!! But unfortunately they made a mistake, they put MALE instead of FEMALE.

Does anyone know of anyone else who've had to have it replaced?
How long does it take?
Thanks
Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
Today I FINALLY received my CARD!!!!! But unfortunately they made a mistake, they put MALE instead of FEMALE.

Does anyone know of anyone else who've had to have it replaced?
How long does it take?
Thanks
Barbara
Congratulation again, Barbara!!! :)
To replace your card you need to file Form I-90. And, if you have proof (copy of your original DSP-122 or DS-230) that it was correct in the forms you filed, you won't pay the fee. You can e-file I-90. It shouldn't take long. The only problem is that you need to send your original green card. Just make sure to keep a copy.
Good luck!

Hi,

Yesterday I went to my local USCIS to request a I-551 stamp. I was given a one year stamp in the I-90 category, meaning waiting for replacement card. The actual I-90 plus supporting docs is now ready to be sent.

I guess this is it...and thank you!

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
Hi,

Yesterday I went to my local USCIS to request a I-551 stamp. I was given a one year stamp in the I-90 category, meaning waiting for replacement card. The actual I-90 plus supporting docs is now ready to be sent.

I guess this is it...and thank you!

Barbara

I have the same issue. I received my GC yesterday and by birthday is wrong. I went to USCIS again!! They told me that my DOB is correct in their system. They couldn't make sense out of it. So,I am going to file I-90 too but they told me that they can't stamp my passport until I get a NOA that I submitted I-90 to replace my card due to USCIS error. Extremely, annoying.. I am tired of going to USCIS. The place is 2.5 hrs away from where I live :( I thought this thing would be over... Anybody has an idea how long that does it take for a turn around time for a replacement? Thx

Ipek79, I understand how you feel. As far as I know it takes about 2 weeks to get a NOA from Missouri, with that you'll be able to get your stamp.
I didn't have a NOA, I hadn't even sent the I-90 yet! But I told them I needed to travel.
Send a copy of the page of your I-485 and highlight the DOB, to show it was their error.
A copy of your passport/birth certificate. I also added a copy of the Welcome letter. Keep a copy of both pages of you GC documnt for yourself.

Good luck

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
Ipek79, I understand how you feel. As far as I know it takes about 2 weeks to get a NOA from Missouri, with that you'll be able to get your stamp.
I didn't have a NOA, I hadn't even sent the I-90 yet! But I told them I needed to travel.
Send a copy of the page of your I-485 and highlight the DOB, to show it was their error.
A copy of your passport/birth certificate. I also added a copy of the Welcome letter. Keep a copy of both pages of you GC documnt for yourself.

Good luck

Barbara

Thank you Barbara.. Appreciate it :)

Question for you Barbara..

Barbara,

I hope you and your family are doing good.. I have a quick question for you.. A few weeks ago, I went to USCIS office for the second time. They told me that last time, they gave me wrong information. They said that since it was their mistake, I won't receive any NOA for my I-90 renewal application. They said that once they start working on my replacement green card, they will send me a letter. Also, they told me that if I don't hear anything from NBC for 3 months, I can go back to USCIS and they can research it for me.. Therefore, they stamped my PP for 6 monts.. I am just curious if they told you the same thing and so far have you received any kind of letter or notice ? Thanks!

Dear Ipek 79,

I have been out of the US for three weeks now and my husband said I've received a letter from MO, he didn't say it's a NOA or a regular letter, it just says I'm in line and they will process my case when they get to it! And it can take up to six months to complete.

All of this I already knew so I'm not too worried since my stamp is valid for 1 year.

My office didn't volunteer any help, but it's too soon for me to be concerned.

Hopefully both our cases will be processed quickly.

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
Dear Ipek 79,

I have been out of the US for three weeks now and my husband said I've received a letter from MO, he didn't say it's a NOA or a regular letter, it just says I'm in line and they will process my case when they get to it! And it can take up to six months to complete.

All of this I already knew so I'm not too worried since my stamp is valid for 1 year.

My office didn't volunteer any help, but it's too soon for me to be concerned.

Hopefully both our cases will be processed quickly.

Barbara

Thank you for your reply... I am leaving the US too in a month but I don't think I'll have anything finalized by that time.. But, anyways it is a very good sign that you got the letter.. Enjoy your stay :)