GC Plastic question??

2002desi

Dear Friends

I got my passport stamped yesterday at Newark, NJ. Does anybody know how to track or find out if Plastic has been ordered? Will I be given new EAC number? How long is taking to issue Plastic from the date of stamp?

please advise.

Thanks

Hope, all waiting get their approval soon.

Hi,
I got approved Nov 13(RD 09/10/01)-- stamped at Newark Nov 27th--Online message changed to Card Ordered on Feb 5th--waiting for the plastic card.

I my friend got the card in two weeks --after the online message change to card ordered.

Hope this helps you.
thanks

thanks Anjana

How do you track the information? Do you use the same old I-485 EAC number to track whether card has been ordered or not?
eg: EAC03xxxxxxxx, etc

or you have new number issued by INS.

Did you get a letter from INS after you had it stamped.

Thanks and hope, you get your card soon.

Yes, I used the same EAC number, entered the same EAC number to check online message. No, I did not receive any letter from the INS after the stamping. However my son(minor) received the card within two weeks of stamping.
You may check the current status-- If you know this already then please ignore it---log on to
https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp

thanks

Anjana -- Question for you.

Anjana,

Did you take your son for stamping or he got the card directly by mail? I did not take my daughter for stamping because the welcome notice, she got, clearly said she will get the card by mail. I am a little bit confused now.

Hi,
We got our son's passport also stamped-- this is because it takes time to get the card, and as a precaution. Yes, he was with us at Newark INS during stamping. However, we received the card by mail within four weeks of approval.

thanks