GC Plastic - address change

ndp

Registered Users (C)
hi :
I did my passport stamping at Newark on 06 June but have still not recieved
my plastic. I am planning to move to a new address on 10th of August and had a couple of questions :

- Would the plastic get forwarded if i provide a regular forwarding address
or
- Should i call up the INS and provide my new address so that they could mail the plastic to my new address (assuming that i do not get the card up until the date I move)

Thanks for the help

No Title

Just to be on the safe side you should inform INS of any address change. All INS mails including GC envelop do get forwarded by the post office. In the past I have got my INS mail successfully forwarded couple of times. Now I am also waiting for the plastic card.

No Title

Just to add to JJ\'s comments,

The cover letter that my lawyer forwarded while sending me the original approvals stated that while on green card, any address changes should be notified to INS.

If I were in your situation, I will call INS as well as use the form AR-11 (??) to notify them.

Oct1_99

What is required at the time of stamping?

Can somebody list the items required at the time of GC stamping? Someone told me that my passport must not be expiring for at least two more years after stamping, is that true? If there is a link where I can get more information specific to GC Stamping I would highly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

AVM says case not found at this time

MY RD JAN 02
   ND JAN 05
   FP MAY 10
Whenever I call AVM it says case not found at this time. Should I call IIO for this or it’s going to be activated when some activity takes place in my case. Please advise.