GC Pending - AOS and I-485?

Do you mean the article from April 2008?? I suspect we've already seen all the benefits from that period.

I don't really know about that visa. From what I gather, it's just a transit visa to allow you to enter the US and get to the ship. You wouldn't be living in the US, your place of residence would still officially be your home country. Having been a passenger on a cruise before, I'd have to say the staff work REALLY hard, with very long working hours and not a lot of time off. Kudos to you if you go for it, but I couldn't!

What happened to all that optimism?? I'm hoping it jumps by at least a year! ;)

Only optimism my friend :)

I told you my friend??!!! :))))
Six months infront!
Good prediction ha?
:)
Soon we all gonna meet in Miami, and ill buy you Beers ok? :)
I really believe that its gonna stay on this track.
Now i would like to ask you guys what after the current PD. I know you file i485 and all the doc, and you got the appointment. Is it all that action fast after?

Well, with the September update I'm cautiously optimistic. We'll just have to wait and see what the future months bring and hope there's no regression.

I'll join you in Miami...but I think champagne would go down better than beer!:cool:

Well, with the September update I'm cautiously optimistic. We'll just have to wait and see what the future months bring and hope there's no regression.

I'll join you in Miami...but I think champagne would go down better than beer!:cool:

OK :) Champaigne will be :)
John which caegory you aare under and yours PD?
My PD is Nov 2008, F1!

OK :) Champaigne will be :)
John which caegory you aare under and yours PD?
My PD is Nov 2008, F1!

Do you mean me????:confused:

I'm F1 too, petitioned by my Mum. PD is June 2008 so in the queue just ahead of you.

I'm glad the dates are continuing to move forward but it's also kind of scary. At the current progression rate visa's could be availble next year. Whilst it will be great to be reunited with family, right now (and the foreseeable imediate future), isn't in my opinion the best time to be moving to the US...with the ecomony, healthcare and unemployment, etc. In the Uk, I have a very secure job, so it will be hard if I have to move sooner than expected and there are no jobs in the US. :( Guess I'll have to get saving!

Do you mean me????:confused:

I'm F1 too, petitioned by my Mum. PD is June 2008 so in the queue just ahead of you.

I'm glad the dates are continuing to move forward but it's also kind of scary. At the current progression rate visa's could be availble next year. Whilst it will be great to be reunited with family, right now (and the foreseeable imediate future), isn't in my opinion the best time to be moving to the US...with the ecomony, healthcare and unemployment, etc. In the Uk, I have a very secure job, so it will be hard if I have to move sooner than expected and there are no jobs in the US. :( Guess I'll have to get saving!

Yes you. :) I tought your name is John. :) My Bad.
Im happy that you have a nice job there, but i am from Macedonia( Yugoslavija) and here even with my Post Graduation in BA is difficult to find job.
I am even planning now to go 6 months for work as a Bartender in Carnival Cruise but i am concern about the needed visa C1D1 . I know that in our situation is impossible to get Tourist visa but this C1D1.... You think i can complicate my procces if i try to get this visa? And should i?

Yes you. :) I tought your name is John. :) My Bad.
Im happy that you have a nice job there, but i am from Macedonia( Yugoslavija) and here even with my Post Graduation in BA is difficult to find job.
I am even planning now to go 6 months for work as a Bartender in Carnival Cruise but i am concern about the needed visa C1D1 . I know that in our situation is impossible to get Tourist visa but this C1D1.... You think i can complicate my procces if i try to get this visa? And should i?

I think the job siutation in the US is difficult too right now. Hopefully once you get there, your additional language(s) will work in your favour.

I'm not sure what effect applying for a C1D1 visa would have on your I130 application. Perhaps another forum member with more expertise can advise.

If (still a cautious IF:rolleyes:) the visa progression continues jumping forwards the way it has then we could realistically have visa numbers available to us early in 2011.

If you go for the C1D1, you'd have to take into account that you'd need to return home in order to have the medical and interview. Plus how long does it take to process the C1D1?? If you have to get that visa before you can apply to work on the ships it may not be worth it time wise??

Of course a job is a job and if you have an opportunity you should go for it. I think your first priority is to check the implications of applying for a C1D1 at the same time as having an active immigrant application.

You can't file for adjustment of status after last entering the US with that visa, but you can still pursue the green card process through a consulate.

You can't file for adjustment of status after last entering the US with that visa, but you can still pursue the green card process through a consulate.

Thx for the answer, i just want use the time while waiting the green card! I would not need adjustment after the contract because i hope after 8 months my pd will be current. Also i already got the job offer i just wait to go to the embassy and get the C1D1.
Thx again.