• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

gc lottery is a scam

lotteryisscam

Have you ever ask yourself why United States organize green card lottery every year? What is their interest? Are they doing this only because they are so generous and human to give chance to people from all over the world to be elected and live and work in the US? Do they really need 50.000 imigrants every year and for what, to help their economy What good 50.000 mostly non skilled, non educated and poor people can bring to USA? Cheap labor maybe, but they already have more than enough cheap illegal immigrants.
This country would never do anything and waste time to help someone, or to make someone else a favor if they don't see any interest. That is the case with green card lottery. Millions of people are applying for nonimigrant (tourist) visa every year and big percent of them have immigrant intention. 50.000 green cards (if they really ellect that many) is nothing in compare of how many illegal immigrants they prevent to enter in the US territory every year with this system (fishing bait).
When someone apply for a green card lottery US government automatically have him in the system as a potential immigrant (for life probably), as a matter of fact you are signing in to their list of potential immigrants more than you are applying for lottery, lottery is just a mask. It's a small chance that you will ever be elected on green card lottery, but you can say goodbye to visiting US as a tourist for entire life probably.
When applying for the US tourist visa, applicant must provide documents that prove his strong connection with the country of residence, which is permanent employment, property that applicant owns, martial status etc. everything that is needed to convince them that you will come back after short visiting US. After applicant provide all of that, it's looks like there is no reason his nonimigrant visa should be refused, but after they check in the system and see he was applying for lottery their first thought is that visa applicant is not very satisfied with his life in his country of residence and would gladly stay in the US if he has a chance. That explains unexplained tourist visa refusals to people who collect every single piece of document that is necessary and more of that. Maybe some people from better developed countries who applied for lottery eventually get a visa, but people from poor countries that apply for lottery can say goodbye to ever visiting US.

Have you ever ask yourself why United States organize green card lottery every year? What is their interest? Are they doing this only because they are so generous and human to give chance to people from all over the world to be elected and live and work in the US? Do they really need 50.000 imigrants every year and for what, to help their economy What good 50.000 mostly non skilled, non educated and poor people can bring to USA? Cheap labor maybe, but they already have more than enough cheap illegal immigrants.
This country would never do anything and waste time to help someone, or to make someone else a favor if they don't see any interest. That is the case with green card lottery. Millions of people are applying for nonimigrant (tourist) visa every year and big percent of them have immigrant intention. 50.000 green cards (if they really ellect that many) is nothing in compare of how many illegal immigrants they prevent to enter in the US territory every year with this system (fishing bait).
When someone apply for a green card lottery US government automatically have him in the system as a potential immigrant (for life probably), as a matter of fact you are signing in to their list of potential immigrants more than you are applying for lottery, lottery is just a mask. It's a small chance that you will ever be elected on green card lottery, but you can say goodbye to visiting US as a tourist for entire life probably.
When applying for the US tourist visa, applicant must provide documents that prove his strong connection with the country of residence, which is permanent employment, property that applicant owns, martial status etc. everything that is needed to convince them that you will come back after short visiting US. After applicant provide all of that, it's looks like there is no reason his nonimigrant visa should be refused, but after they check in the system and see he was applying for lottery their first thought is that visa applicant is not very satisfied with his life in his country of residence and would gladly stay in the US if he has a chance. That explains unexplained tourist visa refusals to people who collect every single piece of document that is necessary and more of that. Maybe some people from better developed countries who applied for lottery eventually get a visa, but people from poor countries that apply for lottery can say goodbye to ever visiting US.

Um, I successfully applied for tourist visas having previously shown immigrant intent (and not just entering the lottery). Clearly they thought your proof of ties was not sufficient. I believe you do have the ability to appeal a denial of tourist visa. Btw this forum is full of people who won the lottery so it's probably not the best place to look for sympathy with your views.,,

It's your opinion.
I try DVloterry since 2009, and in the meantime I entered USA 3 times as tourist, VisaWaiver (Just ESTA online); I didn't provide any evidence of "strong connection with my origin country".
Just a round ticket < 90 days.
Not only me, but the whole family entered USA as tourist.

Um, I successfully applied for tourist visas having previously shown immigrant intent (and not just entering the lottery). Clearly they thought your proof of ties was not sufficient. I believe you do have the ability to appeal a denial of tourist visa. Btw this forum is full of people who won the lottery so it's probably not the best place to look for sympathy with your views.,,

Well said Susie.

Totally disagree, speaking for myself (coming from a poor country as you define it) I never had a chance to apply for a tourist or any other kind of US visa but been trying the dv lottery for the last few years (for it does not require much) and I was selected for DV2014, had nothing to lose, like signing up for an email account, got lucky and spent some money and time on the documents! And dude, even money can't guaranty you an entry to the US, I know of people with loaded bank accounts couldn't, a simple dv application can (if you're qualified and successfully passed the process)! That's no magic but it's simply a chance for millions of people to try (& it worked)! Your theory doesn't prove anything, I guess there's no connection between not being selected in a dv lottery and the possibility to enter the states on another type of visa. Why would one get granted a visa after 'failing' a year or two or ten? (dv selectees do) .. According to your point of view, if you failed once you fail forever, that's SIMPLY WRONG (a bit non-logic).

I didn't say you can't win the lottery, but it's small chance to get nonimmigrant visa if you play it for couple years in a row.

I didn't say you can't win the lottery, but it's small chance to get nonimmigrant visa if you play it for couple years in a row.
It's still a theory and trusting (for those who trust) unproven theories will just get people confused. If there's a chance : there is a chance. Small or big just take yours and keep trying.
Btw, you didn't say you can't win the lottery, you said it's a scam! At least that's what your name says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply rubbish.

I have been entering DV Lottery since 2009 and entered on a visa waiver 3 times (twice in 2010 and once in 2011) and then again on an F1 student visa 2012. It was whilst in the US on a student visa I won the lottery.

Whatever reason you were denied entry, it wasnt simply to do with entering the lottery. There must have been other red flags present.

totally disagree, I travelled on visa waiver to the US mutliple times since 1998, when I started to apply for the dv lottery yearly, and even in the meantime I trained in CA a couple of months with the goal to get a h1b which unfortuntaley didn't happen that time. Never ever I was asked about a immigration intention.

btw, many people in this forum did step successfully through the whole visa process. I can't see any scum, although I can't watch what happens behind the scenes. Anyway, million of people apply for about 50k visa, what do you expect how many people will be selected and will get a visa at the end? Sound a bit that you assume a conspiracy theory behind...

It's a scam because it's real purpose isn't what they represent. Anybody, please write here what do you think why gc lottery is organized every year?

The reason the Immigration Act of 1990 introduced the visa was to encourage immigration from countries with traditionally low levels of immigration to enhance the diversity of incoming immigrants. This was the reason given in Congress.

The purpose is obviously not to deny tourist visa as you originally claimed.

So what then is the "real purpose" if not to encourage diversity? And do you have evidence or just these the imaginings of a conspiracy theorist?

It's a scam because it's real purpose isn't what they represent. Anybody, please write here what do you think why gc lottery is organized every year?

You said there is enough illegals to do the ''plain jobs'' in USA I agree ! But remember they are illegal, so they want people to go legally and that's what they are doing, they even filter the applications, and even put minimum requiremnts......
And there is plainty testemonies to prove you wrong about the dv clashing with other visas! Just see how many goes through (Aos)!
So I desagree :)

Says you. I suppose you also think the US government was behind 9/11 and that aliens captured the missing Malaysia airlines flight.

Most people here have won the DV lottery so unless your definition of scam is "they give you what they say they will" that's not going to back up your case. I and many others have entered successfully more than once while entering the lottery, as I said I have even got visas renewed after having a petition filed for me (thank you dv lottery for saving me from another 6 years of waiting). From what I understand merely entering the lottery does not show immigrant intent, but sending the forms back to KCC does - so there is a risk for people who submit the forms but then for whatever reason don't get their immigrant visa. Other than that, the best advice I can give you to is to put your tin foil hat back on and go find another forum that will, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, agree with you.

People from my country are routinely denied tourist visas even when they have never heard of DV lottery before. If your circumstances are suspect, having a DV entry could be a nail in the coffin of your tourist visa application. But if you're solid, DV entry alone is not going to prevent them from giving you a tourist visa.

There's a history of how DV came to be. It was initially a way to boost Irish immigration into USA, and after a certain period it was opened to the whole world with emphasis on Europe and Africa. You should look that up instead of drumming up a wild speculation like this.

It's funny how the OP adopted a user name that indicates his/her exclusive objective of pushing this uneducated opinion.
;)

It's funny how the OP adopted a user name that indicates his/her exclusive objective of pushing this uneducated opinion.
;)
Yeah. This isn't an attempt at objective discussion, that's for sure.

I think he got rejected, and since misery loves company, he wants more people in his shoes.

;)
Yeah. This isn't an attempt at objective discussion, that's for sure.

I think he got rejected, and since misery loves company, he wants more people in his shoes.

So quick question, if you are a dual passport holder (one with DV eligible and the other with non DV eligible visa waiver country), if you got rejected for DV lottery and travel to the US with the visa waiver/non DV eligible passport after that, can they reject your entry based on DV lottery rejection?