GC interview FOR Parents of US Citizen QUESTION!

Febru1,

Thanks for your reply. So, you have 4 cases going on at the same time.

Would you mind sharing your parents and in-laws' interview experiences? Were there any questions about their deciding to stay in US permanently?

Thanks again and best of luck.

febru1

febru1,

can you post the detailed timeline for your parents' GC application please? did you file both I130/I485 together while they were in the US or did you file their application (I130 only) abroad?

thank you.

how to notify USCIS address change for I130 petitioner

Hi, All,

Does anyone know how I should notify USCIS about my address change. I am only moving locally. I have filed I130 petition for my parents to immigrate to US. I filed with Nebraska office.

The form AR-11 is for Alien's change of address, it doesn't seem to apply to me.

Thanks,

-Chenya

yuxiangisme

my parents in-law applied in 2001. It took 9 monthes for them to get the GC. No question during the interview. My parents applied in 2003. They all applied in the US.

rtk

Read the information I posted before. You will get the time frame.
We applied parents in-law in China in 2000. Then we gave up that case. Since my husband's and my siblings are all in US, it is too much trouble for parents to take care the immigration process by their own in China. About one and half year later, they came to US and we appied again in US. From my experience, I would rather apply parents in US. We applied 130 and 485 together.

jagruti4 said:
Hi,

If interiview goes smoothly, they will be approved and stamped (I551) on the same day (As per my knowledge). They might get their GC later on. But, the important part is how well the interview goes. Did your parents come here on visitor visa?
I also file for my parents this year. Their FP and medical are done. Their interview is on Feb'20 2004. Please post their interview experience when it is over.

Jagruti
Jagruti4,

Hope you had a good interview in February04. Could you please share your experiences from it? Thanks in advance.