GC Interview cancelled

Atlanta_Brother

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Just got a call from my attorneys office to let me know that my wife's GC interview scheduled for May 13th has been cancelled by USCIS due to unforseen circumstances. I am just worried as we were looking forward to this day.

Has anybody expereinced that before or got any cancellation notices in the past. Please share your experience with me. Too many questions running on my mind. How much delay can this create? What went wrong etc etc.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am
Interview cancelled: April 7th.

Sorry to hear that. But like many have said it before. Go ahead and still show up at your interview date. Play dumb, they may or may not interview you... but either way, get the interview letter stamped, so that they can not say "you did not show up".

Good advice, but.....

Sorry to hear that. But like many have said it before. Go ahead and still show up at your interview date. Play dumb, they may or may not interview you... but either way, get the interview letter stamped, so that they can not say "you did not show up".

PraetorianXI,

Appreciate your advice man. The thing is my family and I are in Boston as I am working on a project here. I came to know that my project may get over at the end of the month. If that happens we will hit the road & head back to Atlanta in the first week of May. This way we will be in town & can show up for the interview but if my project gets extended, then I will have to purchase 3 airline tkts just to fly to Atlanta and show up for the interview & take my chances.

Another attorney I spoke to told me that it could be that my wife's FP did not go thru & this is the reason her interview was cancelled. Does this make sense. What do you think?

Finger Prints

you can check if her FP went trough by calling the FBI agency and by calling the 1800

My wife took her FP on Feb 22nd. I called USCIS on the 27th and they confirmed that her FP were sucessful and they were able to see in the system as well.

Usually "unforeseen circumstances" means your A file didn't arrive from the SC yet.
You can try turning up anyway, but they are only going to interview you if the file has been delivered from the service center.

File transfer

Usually "unforeseen circumstances" means your A file didn't arrive from the SC yet.
You can try turning up anyway, but they are only going to interview you if the file has been delivered from the service center.

In that case why would they schedule the interview in the first place. Doesn't make sense to me. Not what you're saying boatbod, but this whole USCIS thing....I really don't get it.
First I had a long bumpy ride with my citizenship process. Was called thrice for thr interview. First couple of times my file never made it to Atlanta DO and then filing law suit brought my file to the IO's desk.
God knows how long I will have to wait for another interview notice. I am very frustrated to tell u the truth.
I wonder if I will have to spend more money to file law suit after waiting for a reasonable amount of time. I am lost.