GC in Progress while getting PR

khadash

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I wanted to know if you can help me out.I have exactly 14 months to have my H1 Expire and meanwhile my company has already started my GC process and it is still awaiting labor certification(for the last 2 years).Yesterday I got the confirmation from the Canadian VISA Office that they wanted to mail me original pasport and photographs for stamping the VISA of canada. Once the passports come stamped from the consulate I wanted to know how much time will the Imiigration Authorities give me on order to to stay in the US. Do I have to go to Canada in Between for the PR Card and If I have to then can I come back to US.As of Now I do not have any relatives or friends in Canada whose Address I can give so I was worried.
Please Advise
babaikhadash

Last edited by a moderator:
US GC interview

Hi
I am currently working in US (on H1B) and have a Canadian PR status. My I-485 file is in progress. Recently, I have received an interview letter from local INS office for US AOS.

I do have a few questions before facing this interview.

- Having a Canadian PR status will raise any issues during the interview?

- If any, how do I have to answer them, Please list in the question/answer format.

- If I get the US GC, what's the procedure to surrender My Canadian PR?

Thanks much for your help.

regards,
Raj Kanwar

PR vs GC

Dear Raj,
Did you get your PR Card while the GC process was going on.If yes Can You tell me which stage of your GC Process did you get your PR Card. I am still awaiting my labor while I have to go for landing.Please let me know if getting the PR Card affects in any way the GC Process.
Pl Advise
Thanks
bkhadash

raj021

I don't think you have to initiate any dialog about you having Canadian PR status I don't think INS would care about that. Only after you get the US GC you can send a letter to Canadian Consulate and ask them about the process of surrendering the Canadian PR Card by telling them that you have taken US GC.

I have completed my GC interview, no question no query, INS officer simply approved my 485 after seeing my Employment letter.

-Raj